Maritime Shack Fest: wonderful visit, photos Page 4&5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where would people choose to meet?

• Fredericton: Odell Park

• Moncton: Centennial Park

• Sackville, NB: Waterfowl Park

• Saint John: Irving Nature Park

• Truro: (suggestions needed for venue)

• Somewhere else: specify in a post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great photos!!!
Tanis, you are so lucky to have gone around and seen quite a few shackers. I'm soooo jealous. :)
And Sparky is like the gnome ornament, showing up in every picture in all the travels. LOL

Jems71 said:
Sounds like a nice day wish I could have made it but its my oldest daughters daughter's B'day so we had a happy 20th party for her last evening and hosted a Fathers day brunch at my home this morning (everyone just left like 5-10mins ago) it has been a very busy few days here at my house.
Now off to clean the rat cages then a Nap, maybe... and I have tkts to see The Green Lantern tonight at 7pm...I really hope I can get that nap in...but the dogs have not been walked today... :( ...my shoulder and knee hurt so bad I am not sure a walk is in the cards I really need that nap...

Hope you decide to do this again I would really like to join next time.
BTW Lindsay are you loosing weight? you look great...

I have lost I was a size 36 and am down to a 32. I haven't been doing much though lately because my thyroid is kicking my butt :( However I have not gained and am maintaining my weight so that's good but I still need to lose at least another 30lbs. It's really hard to push myself to exercise when I feel like hell.

That's weird Carolyn I had my phone on the whole time it should have worked... that sucks :(

I am glad that everyone had a good time. I wanted to see the pictures but all I have on Lindsayfawn's posting is arrows going in a circle where the pictures are to be. Do I need a certain program to open them.

Ann

I went for an early-morning walk in Sackville Waterfowl Park the day of the Fest, and here are some things I saw:

I love seeing wild irises:

Here is one close up:

There were lupins mixed with other flowers:

Boardwalk lined with birches:

Nearby Mount Allison University has a lovely campus. There is a pond with swans:

and back in the park there were some Mallards on a little mini-island. Also saw a muskrat, but the light wasn't good enough for a phone photo.

As American's we must realize that this is a Canadian Forum, and most of the people live in Canada. Thus its only fair that they do it in Canada.

So, unless you can go to Canada, like Eagle was able to, we must just look at pretty pictures and save up money for one in the future.

Once things are in order with our house and stuff the hubby has agreed to do a Canada wide road trip at some point (probably in sections at a time LOL) so I am hoping to meet quite possibly the bulk of this group. One day, when I have a passport, there are definitely several Americans I wanna pop in and visit with too!
Glad you guys had a fun time. Beautiful pics!. What kind of dog is Sparky? I want him :giggle:

I really liked Eagle's bumper stickers :)

June18thebackofEaglescar.jpg

Asheka said:
Once things are in order with our house and stuff the hubby has agreed to do a Canada wide road trip at some point (probably in sections at a time LOL) so I am hoping to meet quite possibly the bulk of this group. One day, when I have a passport, there are definitely several Americans I wanna pop in and visit with too!
Glad you guys had a fun time. Beautiful pics!. What kind of dog is Sparky? I want him :giggle:

Sparky is a parti-pom.

Back