Lumpy Baby - Meet Junebug and May :) Necro Pic

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am still tired, but guzzling coffee... :giggle: So that should improve soon.

May is skittish, bright, very curious and playful. And she doesn't bite! LOLOLOL She may have a URI starting up, I thought I heard a wee bit of roughness in her lungs last night but it also could have been the buzzing in my ears.

jun1May3.jpg

jun1may2.jpg

jun1May.jpg

June...what a sweet baby! But her issues are many. I am going to ignore any possiblity of hydro for now...still see a bit of the domed head but I will have to observe her behavoiur. She has much worse problems then we suspected. The lumps are not abscesses I don't think, they are real tumours...so they must be malignant. :sad3: She has 2 lumps that I found so far...the one on her chest has a split of skin over it and you can see the tumour through it as a rounded red lump. The side one goes deep into her body and feels lumpy to the touch. Gah. She moves funny, seems much weaker than May but still plays with her healthier friend. In fact I heard sounds from the carrier at 5 am, and was worried June was having a seizure...turned on the light and they were playing. :roll:

My bookend babies :heart:

jun1mayandjune6.jpg

jun1mayandJune2.jpg

jun1mayandJune5.jpg

jun1MayandJune4.jpg

jun1MayandJune3.jpg

jun1MayandJune.jpg

Ohhh bfave baby Junebug!

jun1June5.jpg

jun1June.jpg

jun1June2.jpg

jun1june3.jpg

See the red? Its not a scab, its a skin tension slice over the lump on her chest. The red is the rounded tumour.

jun1june3.jpg

Such a good little girl. :heart:
jun1June4.jpg

Awww, breaks my heart, poor wee Junebug :sad3: :sad3: I'm so happy she has May, they look like true buddies now, and she'll know love and friendship for however long she's with us and her May. :heart: :heart: Thanks so much for taking in both of these sweethearts. :hugs:

:heart: :heart:

Wonderful babies, so glad everyone is safely home.
Hoping that the tumors are not malignant and that your vet can work miracles for baby Junebug.

:sad3: Poor baby June...Is there nothing to be done about her tumors? They both look so happy together, sweet Junebug and May :heart:

EDK said:
:sad3: Poor baby June...Is there nothing to be done about her tumors? They both look so happy together, sweet Junebug and May :heart:

There's so many factors unfortunately...

1) Is she well enough (neuro symptoms)?
2) Can a baby have surgery that young?
3) Are they even operable?

My guess is for all 3 is a resounding No and Baby Junebug will live a very short life, and I will try to make it as wonderful as possible and then the whole forum will cry when she has to leave. :cry:

wow. that was soooo not the update I was expecting to see this morning. Poor wee Junebug. It does, however, make me even more thankful that she is now in your care and with her companion May.

Thank you for taking these wee ones in Shelagh. Whatever is in store for them both, they will be given a shot at a happy life now. :heart:

lilspaz68 said:
EDK said:

There's so many factors unfortunately...

1) Is she well enough (neuro symptoms)?
2) Can a baby have surgery that young?
3) Are they even operable?

My guess is for all 3 is a resounding No and Baby Junebug will live a very short life, and I will try to make it as wonderful as possible and then the whole forum will cry when she has to leave. :cry:
Sometimes that's all one can do......

Back