Lumpy Baby - Meet Junebug and May :) Necro Pic

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thud:
If that ain't coming back from the brink of death I don't know what is! You guys are amazing! :bow: :joy:

lilspaz68 said:
Or not.

I got some pics and need opinions.

may31June1.jpg

may31June2.jpg

may31June3.jpg

What do you see?

What do I see? I see a pilfer-worthy baby rat!!! :cheeky: :giggle:

Late update on the 2 girls from Anita :joy:

So, good news...the two babies are in the carrier, so far so good. I put some yummy food in with them to share, one tissue box so far but will put in another box so they have their own space. (that would take up almost all the room though, such a stupid small cage I really hate some of the cages out there, nothing but pencil case prisons!) I really hope they curl up and sleep together, it would be the best thing for them. When I first had June out with May, May was trying to grab her at the neck and ears, not really biting, but tugging. She stopped, as far as I can tell. Now it's quiet in the tissue box, wonder what's up? OMG, looks like baby June is grooming May and May is as still as can be, no squeaking...could it be that they're good buddies already?

I'm not going to leave the room until I know it's ok, and I'm putting this little cage next to my bed in case of a big blow out. Being that June is so vulnerable, I don't want anything to happen, but I think with the way things are going right now, they might be able to sleep together tonight in this little cage :)) and comfort each other on the way to you!

I wish I could get a pic, but they're in the box and the lighting in this room isn't so great. I think they needed each other.

Last update of the night (later than I stayed up LOL)

last update until tomorrow am...they are good buddies!! No squeaking or fighting, just cuddling. They are busy remodelling the tissue box. :))) They loved the mixed greens I just gave them. I think the close quarters is a bit tight for staying in a good mood all around, but we'll see. Thought of moving them into the bigger cage for the night, but don't want to disrupt them and Junebug feels safe in this cage.
Pics attached..not so good, but maybe better ones tomorrow. :)
One is a full view of the cage so you can see how small it is, one is of May's nose, up close and personal :), the blurry one is of Junebug cleaning her nose, she leans way back, and almost loses her balance... so adorable, it looks like she's playing the trumpet. :)

May in the cage (gives you an idea of how small they are!)

may31Mayincage.jpg

Happily together :mrgreen:

may31JunebugandMay2.jpg

may31JunebugandMay.jpg

And today is the big day! :dance: Anita meets up with our transporter at 5:15 pm today, and hands over the girls. I meet up with our transporter at 10 pm at Scarborough Town Centre (I'll go early and bring a book...I have Hunger Games right now :cheeky: ).

Almost HOME. :heart: :heart:

Kudos to you all! Ratmando and Lilspaz!! This is such a sweet story. Those girls look scrumptious! I am so excited for them, and their rescue, all the love they're getting along the way.. and a wonderful new home.

I'm looking forward to updates as you can post them..

Good luck!

-ck

I cannot wait to get my hands on them!!

Unfortunately I have a sinking feeling that Junie might be a hydro baby (hydrocephalus) but I won't know until I see her personally. I saw that her head is very rounded (domed) for a baby of her age, she has odd mannerisms and odd setbacks that almost see neurological. Hydro babies are tough, but let's keep our fingers crossed its nothing like that!!

I hope thats not the case for her, good luck getting to spaz little darlings!

Wow, I don't check in for a couple of days, and Wow!
I'm so glad the girls are coming into your hands tonight. Maybe the baby's face is weird shaped because of an infection? Are you going to put her on Clavamox 'just in case'? I'm so glad to hear she is eating and has a buddy.

lilspaz68 said:
and I am off, the transporter is actually 45 mins late so I won't get home til 12:30 or later :(
Good luck!! I hope they arrive safely and that you get some sleep tonight! I'm so excited they're coming to live with you! :joy:

Godmother said:
Is the rainfall affecting the transit you're using? Hope all goes well.

I think it's only the southern portion of the Yonge/University/Spadina line that's affected and Shelagh would only be taking the Bloor/Danforth line and the LRT to meet the ride. Waiting at STC that late at night sucks :\ I hope she doesn't run into any more delays.

Back