Lumpy Baby - Meet Junebug and May :) Necro Pic

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

She ended up coming home with Anita just minutes ago...

this is the email I received...

I have her! She's so tiny, smaller than May, only about 6 weeks old if that. Her 'tumours' feel hard, not like mammary tumours I've experienced, could it be abscesses? You will know when you get her, and I hope it's just that. She is way too tiny for surgery :((( Her one eye, left one, is damaged, I don't think permanently, but hard to say,maybe scratched? Sarah said she was being picked on (fighting), being that she's sick. She was living with her mom, so sad to take her away from mom, but she might have a chance now.

Sorry for the crappy pics, she's way cuter than she looks in them. She is a lot like May in her markings. Since May is taken and it's almost June, I thought I'd call her June (she's as small as a bug) :)))

I'll see about introing them on the bed tonight. I really hope they can manage the trip together in the same cage. I doubt Sun would want another cage to deal with.

Be in touch later,
Anita
PS I can take high res photos tonight so you can zoom in to see her eye if you want...let me know.

And here is the little bean. Btw hard and being picked up means those lumps are most likely abscesses! :bliss: I need to know about the "sick" part and the eye looks permanent and yet another Eye Rat will be seeing Dr Munn next week LOL

oh no, hopefully something smelly like others have suggested will help :(

she's adorable and I hope all goes well for her!

At least she's safe and in good hands, oooh i hope she eats soon! Poor baby, i hope those are just abcesses and not tumors!

I have called my vet clinic to confirm that my own vet will be there next week. He will be. I also gave them a heads up on a possible drop off on Monday morning. :cheeky:

Poor dear, that eye does not look well. But its good knowing she will have the best of care in such wonderful hands.
P.s. any chance the non-interest in food could simply be do to new home excitement?

I have been on the phone with Anita not long ago and it looks like Baby Junebug is giving up...they are trying to get her to swallow homemade rehydrating formula but I think the rescue attempt was just too late. :sad3:

Or not.

I got some pics and need opinions.

may31June1.jpg

may31June2.jpg

may31June3.jpg

What do you see?

lilangel said:
Aw so glad she is in safe hands now. Hum her head looks bigger then norm? Swelling from all the beat ups maybe?

She looks like a baby to me. :)

Anita is exhausted and going to bed so we'll have to wait to see if she made it through the nigh. Fight baby girl!!!

Back