Lumpy Baby - Meet Junebug and May :) Necro Pic

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so very sorry to hear the news. I actually had to go back and look through the thread, beginning to end, and I was quickly reminded that while all of us feel sadness that she didn't get a full life, little Junebug never looked as if she thought she got shortchanged. In every photo, Junebug's eyes are bright and taking in every moment for it's full worth. & from the moment she was rescued, she made the best of the time she was given.

I can't recall the last time I saw a rat so thoroughly enjoy life, with such bright eyes and eager enthusiasm, and I'm so thankful to everyone involved in making that possible for Junebug. Her life may have been short, but it was still a wonderful life to her. :heart:

So heart breaking that her time was even shorter than we had feared. Shelagh, zillions of hugs to you. We will mourn with you.

I am at least grateful that her time of suffering was brief and that she got to be loved by Shelagh's family, too.

I'm so so sorry she is gone so quickly. :sad3: :sad3: She had such a wonderful life with you, Shelagh, she lived every moment with love and fun. I wish all ratties in need could be so lucky and end up with you as their caregiver. We will all miss her so. Please give wee May a kiss from me, she will miss her too. Big big hugs and so many thanks to you. :heart: :hugs:

:( it was so hard to read this. I was hoping for a few more weeks of her joyous photos. But we couldn't have asked more from her. She was happy go lucky and with amazing people.

Play hard little one.

:sad3: .. gone too soon.. and yet, I am grateful that her suffering was short. Junebug was really all about life. Not about suffering, and not about death. She remains in our hearts, lovely girl..

Hugs to you, Lilspaz.. You gave Junebug a wonderful life. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think the necropsy is an excellent idea, and would be interested to hear what it uncovers once it's been done.

:sad3:

I'm so sorry Shelagh. Just reading the news just broke my heart - I hope you're doing alright. It never gets any easier, does it ...

Have fun over the Bridge, little sweetie, free of lumps and wobbliness. :heart:

Sorry to hear about Junebug. You did everything you could.

Rats aren't stuck in the past or worried about the future. They know how to live in the present and be happy. We could learn a lot from them.

Junebug was happy and loved and that's what matters.

dan2333 said:
Sorry to hear about Junebug. You did everything you could.

Rats aren't stuck in the past or worried about the future. They know how to live in the present and be happy. We could learn a lot from them.

Junebug was happy and loved and that's what matters.

Yeah that

That'd be good, maybe they can find ways to stop this horrible disease that seems to plague all living beings here, cancar...sucha horrible disease, its horrible when it effects the ones closest to us, whether it be pets or people.

For the record Sleigh, you defiently inspire all of us, of what it means to be a great pet lover :)

I am so glad that little Junebug was able to spend some happy, well loved time with you and May.
The time she has was much too short but well lived.

:sad3:

oh no :(

I'm so sorry. she was so precious. I'm so glad she got to spend the last of her time somewhere she was so happy.

Oh.. silly me... off the forum for one day and I missed / just noticed you've got a new thread for May and her new family.. Great news! I'll follow May there...

Sorry this isn't on the topic, but I noticed I was spelling Lilspaz's name wrong, Shelagh. Sorry about that, I'm really horrible in names and spelling and, well hope I wasn't being too annoying, wasn't intentional and I'll try not to let that happen again.

I got the picture of Junebug's necro...it is under a spoiler

This is the quick email I got with it...

Hi Shelagh,
Large tumor attached to body wall...not associated with internal organs..maybe lymph
node. Slightly enlarge LN in mediastinum in chest. Possibly could have removed
abdominal mass but would have been high risk. And risk of reoccurance.

[spoil:k31nxovr]
jun1112Junebugnecroabdomtumourinbabyrat.jpg
[/spoil:k31nxovr]

Back