Lumpy Baby - Meet Junebug and May :) Necro Pic

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Junebug's obviously living THE life right now. Even though her life's going to be so short, knowing she's with Lilspaz and May to keep her company... :hugs: She's going to be remembered. :)

Well we had a lovely weekend, my brother and mom fell in love (you don't get a choice with this happy,determined baby!) but today things are not good. I held her on my lap all the way home in the car. She seems very uncomfortable today and I am pretty sure its because that tiny pea sized tumour I found in the other side of her abdomen last week is now the size of a large marble sized or even bigger :sad3:

jun10Junebug.jpg

I have given her more metacam.

When comfort is the best form of love. I realized that last week and reading this thread I am reminded yet again that a moment is just that to our furry luv bugs! So while they live in that moment so must we try.

Shelagh, you continue to amaze me with your love and dedication and the ratties continue to amaze me with their love and dedication! You are good people!! :nod:

Baby Junebug = Love :heart:

She just passed at 6:35 pm

I have a picture I took after she was gone, and you can see that there is dark on the lower belly so I think one of the tumours ruptured. It would make sense at how fast it was. I can post it under a spoiler unless someone finds it too upsetting?

I have her in the fridge now lovingly wrapped up with her Oxbow, pennies and change, and in a lovely burial sack from Petunia. I will drop her off at the vet clinic tomorrow for a gross necropsy, and maybe we or least my vet can learn something that might help other rats down the line.

Oh, I'm so sorry. RIP baby Junebug. We are all so sorry you had such a short time with us, but glad you got to enjoy it while you were here.... :cry:

I am sad to hear that she is gone but am glad that she got alot of loving in the end. She deserved every bit of it. RIP lovely lady. Our hearts will be with you always.

Ann

Junebug, we will all miss you.

I feel so fortunate that a fair percentage of her life was spent in love. She found her way into all of our hearts, and she will never be forgotten.

lilspaz68, you're the best. Thank you for reaching out and drawing this sweet rat (and so many others like her) into a safe and happy home.
Please give Junebug's friend, little May, some skritches from all of us.

:sad3: :hugs:

I was hoping she'd hang in there just a little longer, but at the end of the day, she was loved, and she went happily, I couldn't wish for more on Junebug. Shelagh, you are an amazing person, I wish there were ways we could get the world out of your love and dedication, hopefully the more folks who hear of your stories of your loved rats, the more th word will get out about these sweet babies and the people who take care of them. Cheers to Shelagh! :hugs:

Back