Lumpy Baby - Meet Junebug and May :) Necro Pic

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joanne said:
Poor sweetie. Thanks for posting her picture. So did a blood vessel rupture? Is that why she died?

My guess is something ruptured inside. From the sudden onset of pain for no reason (she didn't fall, or even do anything besies toddle on the couch me with, and then go to sleep in the corner...to the dark blue skin on her lower belly that i saw ater her death. I have send another email to Dr MUnn asking if he found blood pooled in her abdomen and my suspicions plus the pic of her abdomen.

The decision to have her necropsied was a hard one, but once I got past that the pic dind't bother me as much as I thought it might.

lilspaz68 said:
Joanne said:
Poor sweetie. Thanks for posting her picture. So did a blood vessel rupture? Is that why she died?

My guess is something ruptured inside. From the sudden onset of pain for no reason (she didn't fall, or even do anything besies toddle on the couch me with, and then go to sleep in the corner...to the dark blue skin on her lower belly that i saw ater her death. I have send another email to Dr MUnn asking if he found blood pooled in her abdomen and my suspicions plus the pic of her abdomen.

The decision to have her necropsied was a hard one, but once I got past that the pic dind't bother me as much as I thought it might.

did you post the picture you said you took of her after she died? The sweet, little, soul. :tearful: :sad3:

I was surprised I didn't get too upset from seeing that pic, cause I guess I was hoping at the end of the day, the doctor would learn from it, every bit of knowledge helps in the battle against this horrible disease :(

jennifervb said:
did you post the picture you said you took of her after she died? The sweet, little, soul. :tearful: :sad3:

No I thought it might be a bit morbid for people in such a happy thread. The flash washes it out and the darker coloration on her lower belly is much more obvious in person. I will put this under a spoiler as well, even though its just sad not gross.

[spoil:5zv1d8w0]
jun10Junebugsbody.jpg
[/spoil:5zv1d8w0]

lilspaz68 said:
I still cannot believe she is gone. I tear up regularly and unexpectedly even at work (like now) :sad3:
:hugs: I'm so sorry, we're all with you, Shelagh. I get teary eyed too, like last night talking with Glen about her, whenever I read a few posts in a row about how she loved her life and was so happy. It's just not fair that she wasn't able to continue. We have to believe there is a continuation for all life and she is there enjoying herself. You gave her everything anyone possibly could, and we celebrate you for this. :heart: :heart:

:hugs:

She didn't have much time to be loved and knew how to get and give a lifetime of it in just about a week. She really was a precious little girl. This whole drama should never have happened, you both deserved so much more... :hugs:

lilspaz68 said:
I still cannot believe she is gone. I tear up regularly and unexpectedly even at work (like now) :sad3:

She spent the happiest time of her life with you, Shelagh. :love6:

It is not the "quantity" that matters. It's the "quality."

She had more quality in that one week with you than other rats may see in an entire lifetime. I don't think she would have changed anything for the world.

She is in the most beautiful place, and she has you to thank for that.

One day, you will see what your care gave to your babies when they reached the Rainbow Bridge... and every tear that ever fell will be forgotten. :love6:

She is beautiful in her death picture. Thank you for sharing sweetie. I know it was hard. :rose:

I'm so sorry.. :hugs: we're all with you!

I just want to thank you for all that you do! The work you do is hard, not only money, the whole emotional aspect of it.
You take in so many rats who don't have long to live but you put aside the fact that when they pass it'll be heart braking because you want to help them live an amazing, though short life.
Many people wouldn't be able to handle all the heart ache at all, it takes a very special person to do what you're doing.
Thank you for it :hugs:

Isn't it amazing that one little rattie who came into your life and through you into ours, for a week and a half, has affected so many people! She really was a very special soul......

Back