LJ's Tribute to her Eepers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dogsnbears said:
The Dark Knight.

yup, you got it right! though i'm still haven't decided yet.

sorry lj, i'm not a potter fan. lol

Well you can think it's from the Dark Knight, but I'll think it's from Harry Potter. :wink2:

i can't believe how hyper this guy is! or maybe i'm not use to babies/non-scared babies. one of his nick names is monkey-man, lol

he seems to like Calcifur and Cal doesn't mind him either. he usually sleeps where ever Cal does.

my one girl still picks on him a lot but she's better then she was. but at the same time i've seen him poke his head out the tunnel and nip her side as if to say "come and get me".

and his adult fur has started to take over too.

Cinder is doing so good. She is one of the most hyper babies I have ever had, and that is certainly saying something! Sometimes I swear she just vibrates she has sooo much extra energy. She LOVES to antagonize my big fat alpha girl, Daisy, jumping on her, pulling her ears and tail, following her around. But as soon as Daisy starts to bug her back, or get huffy, Cinder screams bloody murder and fusses. Daisy never hurts her or anything, just chases, which is actually really good since Daisy is FAT. Its just so funny to watch this little tiny ratty try to dominate big fat Daisy.

Cinder LOVES to sleep in the little plastic dollhouse in their cage, with her head on the fake "dresser". She also burrows under Daisy's big fat tummy and sleep with just her bum sticking out one side, and her nose out the otherside.

Hope her brothers are doing good too!

Oh, and Lindy, I know someone who was looking for boy ratties, and I showed her to your rescue website. So if someone named Julie asks about boys, thats her!

Excellent. Two of them are on their way to Kitchener tomorrow....So there's two babies left. I also have other boys for adoption too.

Hey Julie! You will have my little Cinder's brothers! Lucky you! Hopefully they are not as completely insane and hyper as she is! She seems to think she is the alpha in the cage, though fat Daisy tries to dissuade her thinking.

Its great that all teh babies have homes now! And LJ mentioned ont eh phone tonight that she thinks the other four ladies, including hte mommy mnight have homes too!

I am sure LJ will miss the craziness of girls when all she has left are smooshy boys!

So, it's official. The children have all left. :missu: I really wanted to keep one but thought that it would be better if they were all adopted out.

What would happen to me if this happened again? I'd have to keep more. So I decided to let them all go. :sad3:

Good luck my little ones.

i can't imagine having to give them up, but i'm so happy to have my little guy.

i'll keep you updated or you can always ask if you feel like hearing about him.

so Lucius (i think i'm sticking with that name) has been doing really good. in the big cage, and mostly settled in. a little scuffle here and there. as i type, he's out with the other's during play time. having a good bounce on my bed. yesterday was his first pea fishing expidition, pretty good for a first timer. and with my other guys being pea piggies. :giggle:

he's fitting in quite nicely, and can't wait to see updates of his brothers and sister. and watch them grow!

lj said:
So, it's official. The children have all left. :missu: I really wanted to keep one but thought that it would be better if they were all adopted out.

What would happen to me if this happened again? I'd have to keep more. So I decided to let them all go. :sad3:

Good luck my little ones.

Awww... you did good mama lj!!

Awwww . . . you must feel all hollow inside now that your little eepers have all left the nest. But you did the right thing by letting them all go, Lindy. You were just a short stop on their train of life. By letting them go, you've made room for the countless others who will need you to help them along on their train of life. :wink2:

I have the last two boys now and they're doing great! So adorably cute! Not sure on names yet, I have a list which just keeps getting longer, as they warm up to me I'll narrow it down hopefully.

And they are super fast! Especially the little grey/blue guy. It's nearly impossible to get a picture of him (which isn't his back end running away lol) outside of the cage. The beige boy is a little calmer and will actually come back to investigate things after running away first.

I'll update with photo's as soon as they let me :lol:

wow, i'm surprised no one else posted pics yet? (maybe i missed them somewhere) been gone for a week and i had like 300 pics to sort out but i took a couple of quick snaps for you. he grew so much in a week too! i couldn't get any pics during playtime cause he's too fast so i took a few when i put them all back. enjoy!

Back