LJ's Tribute to her Eepers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

Here they are at 6 days old. And boy are they moving now.

Rats067.jpg

Rats068.jpg

Rats069.jpg

Rats070.jpg

Rats071.jpg

Dad???? Perhaps, or perhaps mom was already pregnant?
Rats072.jpg

Oh, they're absolutely gorgeous!!!

There's really no way to figure out who the dad might have been. Who knows what mom's a carrier for. If he had had a very specific marking or coloration, you could narrow it down some, but hoodies and berks..

Here they are at 8 days old.

Anyone???? All 9 (7 babies and mom and dad) all need homes....
Rats077.jpg

Rats076.jpg

Rats075.jpg

Oh geeze....if only I could tell. Aren't I supposed to be able to see nipples on the girls? Then I have 7 boys.....

I'm pretty sure that the beige guy is a boy. The rest, I'm not 100% sure of.

They do have their eyes open now and are moving around a lot more.. They are amazing creatures. I'll post up more photos tonight.

Here's some photos of a male and female pre fur. They're around 8 days, so not too much younger than your's are.

Boy Bits
blackberkboysbellyshot9daysold.jpg

Note the distance between the penis 'bump' and the anus. It's longer in males than it is in females.

Girl Bits
blackberkgirlsfirstbellyshot8daysol.jpg

She's a bit folded up [first belly shot] but you can see how much closer her urethra/vagina are to the anus

Regardless, the boys should start developing noticeable testicles in the next few days. By 3 weeks you'll be able to tell with no problem.

And here they are at 13 days. I took individual photos and tried to get their bits as well for those that can tell. I still looked and I now think I have all boys. :laugh4:

I might just have to keep the light one. He's a character. When all the rest of them are piled up, he's off exploring.

The camera that I had to use is not as good as mine, so sorry about these photos. Momma wouldn't stop running, so the pictures of her didn't turn out at all.

Here they are all lined up:
Rats108.jpg

Rats122.jpg

Rats123.jpg

Baby 1: Black Berk
Rats124.jpg

Rats129.jpg

Baby 2: Black Berk
Rats135.jpg

Rats137.jpg

Baby 3, 4, 5, & 6: Grey Berk?
Rats148.jpg

Rats149.jpg

Rats153.jpg

Rats155.jpg

Rats094.jpg

Rats092.jpg

And last, but certainly not least - Baby Beige Berk (who is a total camera hog)
Rats144.jpg

Rats145.jpg

He was sick of having his picture taken before we even started:
Rats106.jpg

And he had to hog the spotlight:
Rats115.jpg

OOH! I am jealous! I am SO regretting agreeing to my mother's terms of "No more rats just because you have the big cage now and have room for them". I really would love to have a neutered boy to be with my girls, as I have never had a boy before.

Got any neutered boys I can "foster" for awhile until I can persuade my mother that he MUST stay now that he is all used ot my girls and is happy?

Back