LJ's Tribute to her Eepers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got all the boys, with the exception of the one that is for dogsnbears. The female has been "fostered" (I really mean adopted).

No party pictures yet, I will probably put them in their own post, but EMily has to get them onto her computer and then send them to me. Last night the Baby-who-remains-nameless-so-far decided she is quite feisty and would NOT be submissive, even to the rat that is about 5 times her size. When fat Daisy tried to sidle up to her and smush her wit her butt, babygirl just ran away and later jumped on Daisy and pulled her ears.

She sure has energy!

Tomorrow is the day. One of the baby boys is leaving the nest.

It is so hard for me to give them up after seeing them grow from 3 days old. :sad3:

Dogsnbears is taking him (and a brother, but she doesn't know that yet). :wink:
You'd better keep me updated.
And you too Ally.

Its a good thing there was only one little girl, or I am sure I would have taken more than one!

She is so good, and LOVES the four year old ratty that is keeping her company in the cage. The first night she was a little depressed, probably mising her momma, but she snuggled with Streak (old ratty) and attempted to findout if Streak had any nipples haha.

She sure is quick! She loves to run around my bed and burrow in the blankets or my sweatshirt. I made her a special snuggle sack, but she only stays in it for about 5 minutes before she wants to go play and explore some more.

She is still just called "babygirl" since I can't seem to find the perfect name. Needs to be somethign feisty since she has so much energy and curiosity, and she tries to take on the big girls and refuses to be submissive until she is forced to.

Any ideas?

:tmi:

it's sad because i've thought of expanding my cage before (even emailed martins) but ever since i've heard there's gonna be a new rat/critter nation i've been waiting.

glad to hear your little girl is fitting in, she sounds like a typical girl :wink:

don't worry i'll send lots of pics and keep you updated, besides i just got some cubes from Wonderrodent and i need to take pics with models

When my first couple of pairs of boys went I bawled. It doesn't get easier! But it's really good to know they're going to homes that will take care of them and keep them as happy as you did. :)

allykatt said:
She is still just called "babygirl" since I can't seem to find the perfect name. Needs to be somethign feisty since she has so much energy and curiosity, and she tries to take on the big girls and refuses to be submissive until she is forced to.

Any ideas?

How about Caprice? She certainly seems capricious! :giggle: I always loved that name, but it's a girlie name and I always seem to be drawn to boys.

Bronwyn said:
When my first couple of pairs of boys went I bawled. It doesn't get easier! But it's really good to know they're going to homes that will take care of them and keep them as happy as you did. :)

Yeah, I'll probably be bawling hard. :sad3: It looks like the other four boys are staying with me. I've integrated the screamers in with the babies and they are having a ball. I think the bigger boys were scaring them. They didn't scream at all last night. :nod:

I do need to get a bigger cage now though. I've still got daddy and another one that I have to get together with some others.

I'm sure I'll be seeing 'babygirl', and I know she's got a great mom and ratty sisters.

And dogsnbears better keep me posted too. :giggle:

wow, it was really hard to only pick one, which is prob why my mom was so willing to drive me. she knows how easily i cave to cute faces.

he's doing well considering all he's been through. i did first intros today on neutral ground, was short and had no problems. it's usually harder when intros take place in "their" room, it's like they forgot they've met before.

:joy:
I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I did put in the screamers with the babies so they were used to older rats. PHEW!

Glad you got one of the little guys. :)

Awww! You have my little girls brother! They look so alike! I just LOVE the bellies! Have you named him yet?

I FINALLY decided on Cinder....for now...though who knows, it may change!

grey boy #3 is absolutely adorable with that little pale tail tip!!!!! *squees* ohhh i wish i could have more rats T.T I miss my boys...

actually only one is a boy (siamese) other 2 are girls.

and he's being the nicest too, my one girl on the other hand :doh: she just can't stop leaving him alone, no blood shed but she picks on him all the time. but i think *knocks on wood* she starting to get over it.

what do you think of the name Lucius? (it's from something, can you guess?) my mom suggested Baloo and my dad said Jethro. i can't decide, i'm all over the place

the ratties also say thank you for the yummy food

And here I was all excited because almost all of the rats in my house now are named after Harry Potter characters.

Back