Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
She's acting back to normal now? If we can just get that infection under controlled she'll be good as new!
She's looking great... she is lucky though... if she were my rat, I'd have to have her pts or drive to TO to get the eye done.

Well I have a job that I can't get time off from nor do I have anyone who can watch my rats and other animals ..and before I would put any animal to sleep I would have to try ..and Dr. D. was my only option as a try ..and if she ends up not getting better ..well at least I tried ..but I am REALLY hoping she will get through this.

Havin a snack :)

IMG_8511.jpg

She is just so lovely! Glad she seems to be improving.

I understand/agree with what you said about at least trying to do what you can. Ultimately we all have no control over life and death for ourselves or for any creature, and all we can do for ourselves or them is our best.

I think you're doing a great job... hang in there!

ChrisK said:
She is just so lovely! Glad she seems to be improving.

I understand/agree with what you said about at least trying to do what you can. Ultimately we all have no control over life and death for ourselves or for any creature, and all we can do for ourselves or them is our best.

I think you're doing a great job... hang in there!

Thank you :heart:

Happy Girl :)

259810_10150704222970604_649190603_20018861_5857373_n.jpg

269031_10150704222890604_649190603_20018860_4381199_n.jpg

Ratty Momma said:
jorats said:
She's acting back to normal now? If we can just get that infection under controlled she'll be good as new!
She's looking great... she is lucky though... if she were my rat, I'd have to have her pts or drive to TO to get the eye done.

Well I have a job that I can't get time off from nor do I have anyone who can watch my rats and other animals ..and before I would put any animal to sleep I would have to try ..and Dr. D. was my only option as a try ..and if she ends up not getting better ..well at least I tried ..but I am REALLY hoping she will get through this.

What Jo meant is our vet will not even attempt an operation like that or any facial tumors. It sucks but we would need to let the rattie go or go to To to have it removed.

Last night myself and the boyfriend went to a freinds for a BBQ ..we took Little Miss & Bella with us ..and they really enjoyed being up with people all night long. On the way home, Little Miss ate 2 extrusion cubes and when we got home she ate a pile of frozen peas :)

Comon girly ..you can do this :heart:

This is the first really explosive thread I've seen in a while.

It's amazing how much stress is associated with caring for our little 4 legged fur faces... :D

Happy to see that the storm has passed. :bunnydance:

Hang in there Ratty Momma... we all love you and no one intentionally tries to pee in your Wheaties. :hugs:

jorats said:
Looks like no more infection! Is she still in good spirits? Active and happy, if so, then all is well. :)

Still sleeping lots ..but not as much as before (healing takes energy) ..eating lots, active when up and overall a happy happy girl!

Still picky on what she eats ..due to what I think is her not being able to smell properly ..

..but she loves her cubes, cheerios, baby puffs, crackers and veggies

wont touch ensure, soy milk, fruit, yogurt, baby cereal or baby food (things she used to love) ..she just pushes it away not even tasting it ..although she tried the yogurt today on her own.

She has actually gained some weight ..she was 300 grams when she had surgery, now shes 314

Some pictures and a video from tonights playtime!

IMG_8711.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8749.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg

Pictures suck because she would not stop moving :giggle:

Video: (ignor the backround sounds, the BF was on the phone lol)

[youtube:9c2ooxla]nMV8UtUeX_s[/youtube:9c2ooxla]

Ratty Momma said:
Some pictures and a video from tonights playtime!

IMG_8711.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8749.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg

Pictures suck because she would not stop moving :giggle:

Video: (ignor the backround sounds, the BF was on the phone lol)

[youtube:2889yn3v]nMV8UtUeX_s[/youtube:2889yn3v]

AWESOME Video!!! She looks good!!!! ((((((((((Little Miss)))))))))))

ChrisK said:
She certainly seems very active ! :)

I just LOVE your Gandhi quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bunnydance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”
--Mahatma Gandhi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I should get a bumper sticker with that and give some of the morons in my neighborhood something to think about!

I had a real shock yesterday. There are wild Geese in our neighborhood and some @$$hole plowed into 3 of them, killing them, and leaving their bodies in the middle of the road. There is no word in my vocabulary which can even begin to do justice to what I think of this person. :redhot:

Back