Lets put a face to a name (Pic's of You)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
temblabamomo said:
This is great! How on earth did you get them to both hold still and look at the camera?!?

Thanks everyone.

And I have no idea, I just put Thumper on my shoulder and held Teddy and they just stood still and looked at my sister (who was taking the pic).

Godmother said:
Xcat, your rat Tshirts are great! Did you have them made?

Oh, yes, and I like the photos of all of you with the ratties.

I got them here - http://ratpad.co.uk/ I love them but they haven't survived the wash very well. Possibly more to do with my washing machine though. :giggle:

I will join in.... From our trip to the lincoln park zoo. I always sit on things and have pictures taken. :)

1381220_10151698758761409_1033206734_n.jpg

I've seen a few of you before, but nice to see updated pics! And it's good to see some of the newer members as well. Hopefloats, I don't think I've ever seen your face before. lol I know I've seen your daughter, but not sure if I've seen you. :giggle:

I think I posted on the other thread but I've recently cut off most of my hair & then dyed it so I'll post some updated pics. :)

New hair cut! This is when I have it straightened & brushed back

& when it's just natural & curly - with the kitten I found outside & rescued *Spooky*

And then 2 days ago I dyed it. When it's up it looks all pink

But when I wear it down you can see all the colours :D

Wow, what a great idea! And so neat to see all you beautiful ratty folks! I LOVE the photos with your ratties...so cute! I sadly only have one or two photos of myself with my fur babies and they are blurred...dang. Well, here is a photo of me and my husband that a friend took of us backstage during one of his gigs (he is a professional drummer when he is not being Wonder Rat Dad) a couple of months ago. Still a tad blurry, but the best I could find. :emb: I really need to get my husband to take a few photos of me with my babies that actually come out clear!

So nice to see all your pretty faces to match your names! :thumbup:

Hmmm, okay, I DID end up finding ONE photo of me and one of my boys (Achilles, my sweet, fat kissy boy!) but his brother Maximus is alas, not in the photo...and of course my face is sorta hidden...but Achilles is the star here! :heart:

Vladina said:
Hmmm, okay, I DID end up finding ONE photo of me and one of my boys (Achilles, my sweet, fat kissy boy!) but his brother Maximus is alas, not in the photo...and of course my face is sorta hidden...but Achilles is the star here! :heart:

That's one big squishy ratman :heart:

Aww, yah, he is our big squishy Love Boy! He loves to be loved.....almost as much as he loves FOOD, as you can tell by the photo! :giggle:

Ha ha, yes, he is really big. He has rolls of fat like you would not believe. We actually took him and his brother to our small animal vet for a check up a few months ago when his brother had some sneezing going on and when our (awesome) ratty doctor examined and weighed him, after a big, "Wow", she said that, yes, Achilles is a BIG boy and fat, but she said he is actually in really good health, but...he loves food too much. We TRY to cut down on his treats, but he will even go for tons of lab blocks in his house like no tomorrow. Hmmm!

These are the two most recent photos of Achilles and his girth, but these were taken about 4 months ago and I swear he is bigger now. He and his brother will be 1 year and 8 months old this month. His brother is not fat. Achilles is a happy and content boy...fat, but very happy. :roll: But yes, we need to get better about trying, however tough it is, to get that weight down. I of course do not want him to get to the point where he cannot clean or groom his boy parts or any of the other things that can happen when a rat gets really obese.

Marc holding Achilles up for the camera. Our big boy. :heart:

Mommy saw Achilles laying on his side and freaked out...I thought, "Oh my god, he is dead!" because he never sleeps on his side. But I guess this one time he decided to sleep like that, and he woke up from his nice nap at Mommy freaking out and looked at me like, "WHAT? I was sleeping! Sheesh!" :laugh4: (I just love his little dalmation spots on his tummy)

Aww tummy! :D One of my boys is on the chunky side too. It's really hard to be strict with them, isn't it? They have us right where they want us. :giggle:

Xcat, you are so correct!! That was a perfect way of putting it..."they have us right where they want us." :lol: It is so true! My husband and I are always the betas and our rat babies are always the alphas. It is VERY hard to enforce any kind of strictness with them on just about anything. We are reduced to pushovers, big time. Whatever baby wants, baby gets, as they say! I have heard that so many times when talking to other ratty parents. Hee hee. :giggle:

Ninja, that is so funny about what your son said! Yikes, yeah, Achilles is definitely in "mistaken for a guinea pig" territory, I agree. :oops:

Aww, thanks Dspch, I know, I always get the urge to want to squeeeeze him and bury my face in his big roly poly tummy. :nod:

And his bulk in that photo makes his pink footies look SO tiny, with the toes curled up. If my head could have fit into the front door of his ratty house, I would have loved to just nibble those little toes! :lol:

Ha ha, yep, his tummy does touch the floor to help him move along with those little footies! :roll:

Back