**It's Official** RAT FEST 2009!! **August 16th**

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will definetly come, if I could get a ride that would be awesome, but if not I could proably take the bus, like dream warrior haha. I am in London, I will ask Lindy if I can get a ride with her, if not, if anyone is driving through london to get there, let me know! Can't wait!

Hi guys! Nice to see such positive responses in here!

To answer some questions:

Parking: I think the best place, if there are no spots in the park itself, is at Keele Subway Station. There is a park and ride there that's free on weekends and it's situated at the edge of the park.

T-Shirts: I have a nephew in the custom t-shirt business, I'll call him and see if we can get a bargain!

Picnic Shelter: Area #15 has a covered picnic shelter that's supposed to hold up to 100 people. (We are not allowed to erect tents/shelters that requre staking.)

BBQ: I'm looking for the donation of at least 2 propane BBQ's for the day. Can anyone in the GTA group help with that?

Dogs: If your dog is friendly around people and other dogs I see no reason why it can't come. When my Sophie was alive she went everywhere with me. If she were still with me I guarantee I she would be at the picnic. There is an off leash park right next to our picnic area for any puppy who needs to run off some energy!

Rides: Once I have a list compiled of who is coming from where I will try to match up people who need rides with people who are offering them.

count me in and my boyfriend (he's good with city driving) and possibly my dog...she loves car rides...I am coming from Maxwell and I will be going through Orangeville to get there and might be able to offer a ride as long as you dont mind carpooling with a dog

I'll definitely coming, but I'll need a ride from London or else I'll be taking the bus with dreamwarrior and allykatt. I'd definitely want a t-shirt too! This is going to be super fun.

It'd be great if the shirts had our SN and real names on them... Well except for those of us that don't need it, haha, like me!

Edit: And we'd have to revive the "Pics of You" thread so that we all know what faces to expect!

lilspaz68 said:
Looks like its just a table and a shelter? But its hard to tell...
The shelters are right beside the #'s, so are they part of our picnic area?

Plus we have the concession booth and bathrooms not far...Prime Spot!

http://www.toronto.ca/parks/highpark/ma ... rk.pdf.pdf

Good a bathroom will be close, I was a little worried about that.
I'm cool for a Tee as well. :joy:

Oh man, I totally want a t-shirt!!!

I'd be happy to help volunteer, too, if any help like that's needed - just let me know!

And I'd offer space, but we're in a 1 bedroom apartment and the couch is waaaaay too small for anyone to sleep on - darnit!

I'm excited to attend, though I'll probably not be able to confirm for absolute sure until closer to date and I'll likely tow my big lug of a hound dog with me as well for company unless I end up taking the train in or something. I'd love a T-Shirt as well if that works out.

I wish we could go. It sounds like it'd be a lot of fun and I even have family all around TO, and London. But I'll be laid up either in a cast or not in a cast and on crazy pain meds because of my stupid leg.
If things change then be great if we could try and make it there. You guys are going to have a blast!

Awww wish I could go but I'm all the way to Dieppe, New-Brunswick. Can't afford to go to Ontario. X____x

Would come with my boyfriend but I need a ride. I'll help pay the gas but like I said, I'm not a very rich person.

Don't surpose anyone has a plane to come and get me :sad3: I would love to meet some of you.

*keeps saving for a trip to Canada*

Have a great time and I will be looking for pictures of the event in August :nod:

Lina said:
Don't surpose anyone has a plane to come and get me :sad3: I would love to meet some of you.

*keeps saving for a trip to Canada*

Have a great time and I will be looking for pictures of the event in August :nod:

Lina, when you can come over you let us know and we will do a fest then. Deal?... just make it in the summertime here though.

Ooo pictures... I'm totally bringing my camera. And Shelley, if you make it, you GOTTA bring the XSi. *drools* LOL!

Back