**It's Official** RAT FEST 2009!! **August 16th**

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
Shelagh, did you check the parking situation?

There's about 8 spots right in front of the "venue", but there's parking all around. The trick is to get there early enough to get the parking. There's also the parking at the Grenadier Restaurant as well.

Would people like if I went and took pics of the surrounding areas and venue?

Pics would be excellent!!

I won't be getting there early, probably around 12ish since we have a 4 to 5 hour drive. I don't want to get up too early, I want to be awake when meeting everyone. :joy:

I tossed this idea to Jo, who said it was ok for me to post it here but...would it be possible to organize a Harlan run to coincide with the RatFest? I know this puts a lot of pressure on members driving from Guelph/K-W so just let me say now, there is NO PRESSURE whatsoever to do this - but it's an idea. I'd be totally willing to cover gas for the drivers - I have 12 mouths to feed and my lab block supply is getting low!

This sounded like a great idea to me... but I happen to be at the other end so easy for me to say. lol
But if anyone is willing to do a mass pickup, I'd probably take a couple of bags in August. I'd pay for gas and your time too... I would prepay whoever is doing this as well.
But like rat.charmer has mentioned, no pressure, just an idea. :thumbup:

Someone mentioned to me in chat that people could sell hammocks at the fest (sorry whoever you are! I don't remember who it was, LOL)

So maybe you hammock makers should get sewing ;)

Moon said:
Someone mentioned to me in chat that people could sell hammocks at the fest (sorry whoever you are! I don't remember who it was, LOL)

twas me, but that's okay!lol :giggle:

rat.charmer said:
I tossed this idea to Jo, who said it was ok for me to post it here but...would it be possible to organize a Harlan run to coincide with the RatFest? I know this puts a lot of pressure on members driving from Guelph/K-W so just let me say now, there is NO PRESSURE whatsoever to do this - but it's an idea. I'd be totally willing to cover gas for the drivers - I have 12 mouths to feed and my lab block supply is getting low!

I was planning to do a Harlan run but cancelled my plans when it was announced that Global Pet Foods in Moncton was going to be selling it - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10693 - which meant that I lost about 1/3rd of my usual orders and was not able to make the $1,000 minimum. I'd still be happy to do it if I knew that there were enough orders. $1,000 is appx. 65 bags. I could handle about 15 myself, so that leaves 50 that I would need homes for.

I'd probably buy 10 - 12 off of you in August.
They have a type of bedding that is like YN... I'd buy that too if you were getting some to make up the $1000.

If Harlan is not being sold in NB by the end of July (they are still talking about it, nothing definate yet), I would be interested in ordering quite a few bags of Harlan 2014.

I read over the permit that Elizabeth mailed to me, and found out that we aren't allowed decorations (streamers, balloons) or signage. Boo! :undecided:

Plus we are not allowed to sell things so the hammock makers will have to be more discreet out back. :cheeky:

BUT they never said WE couldn't decorate ourselves did they? :laugh4:

well the balloons and streamers I can see, with it being outside and all. Birds get stuck in them, blah blah blah, so understandable...
BUT no SIGNS???
THAT'S weird!

how much is the Haralan? I would like some too before the orders are all spoken for...

maybe they don't want you walking through the whole park putting signs on trees saying, 'shackfest -> this way'?
i'm sure though if we had a couple signs IN the site and they were cleaned up, it wouldn't cause an issue?

and for the hammocks, i'll be the one in the EXTREMELY large trench coat!
:cheeky:
all my hammocks inside on teeny wee hangers for those intrested!!!

No i'll bring mine IN Cole's stroller, and hide 'em!

Harlan has a YN type bedding?!?! That I would certainly take a couple bags of, especially if it is inexpensive and helps make up the limit!

I could probably take a bag of 2014 also.

I SHOULD be able to bring at least one bbq, if not two. Depends on how I can fit them into my van.

Latest posts

Back