Issa the Bromocriptine Gal - Pic TWO for Interested/Ghouls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was my usual sad day of dropping off a loved one to be pts, when I saw my vet and he came out to talk to me. We discussed Issa, and all that she had been through, and her final symptoms (not PT-related). How we might improve the dosing possibilities, etc. We discussed Huron and Percy going onto Zithromax and baytril, about Twiggys abscess returning, how Eli's abscess is great, and how unofficially he trusts me to diagnose my next PT case and start them on the bromocriptine right away (since I have most of a month's pills left). Then he took me out back to show me his new machine. After our discussion when I first got Issa "diagnosed" by him and put on the bromocriptine, he had gone out and purchased an ultrasound! So Issa was to be sedated, then she would be the first girl to use it, after that she would be pts and necro'd. My "little creatures" will now be getting free ultrasounds as required, so that is wonderful as well. :thumbup:

lilspaz68 said:
It was my usual sad day of dropping off a loved one to be pts, when I saw my vet and he came out to talk to me. We discussed Issa, and all that she had been through, and her final symptoms (not PT-related). How we might improve the dosing possibilities, etc. We discussed Huron and Percy going onto Zithromax and baytril, about Twiggys abscess returning, how Eli's abscess is great, and how unofficially he trusts me to diagnose my next PT case and start them on the bromocriptine right away (since I have most of a month's pills left). Then he took me out back to show me his new machine. After our discussion when I first got Issa "diagnosed" by him and put on the bromocriptine, he had gone out and purchased an ultrasound! So Issa was to be sedated, then she would be the first girl to use it, after that she would be pts and necro'd. My "little creatures" will now be getting free ultrasounds as required, so that is wonderful as well. :thumbup:

Oh wow, that is wonderful Shelagh. A silver lining to an otherwise crummy day.

Thats great news. I also have Cabergoline left, my vet has told me he trusts me enough to determine PT, so I can start meds right away as well :)

RIP Issa :heart:

Take Care Of Hannah For Me!

lilspaz68 said:

Sad to see Issa go, Munn was actually talking about her today at my appointment(wanted to put Roy on Bromocriptine). He didn't mention anything about an ultrasound machine, but he went on about this new 'diagnostic for rats' package he put together, LOL. Maybe the ultra sound machine is what prompted it since it's all so dang expensive, haha.

Dr Munn sent me an email yesterday with 2 pics attached and these comments...

Hi Shelagh,
I've attached 2 photos of the autopsy result...caution...quite gruesome. Very large pituitary
tumor siting at the base of the brain. First pic is after opening skull-can see pituitary
peeking out. Second pic after gently lifting cerebrum and cerebellum away.
Best regards
Dr. Sam

Unfortunately the 2nd pic wasn't attached and I emailed back but haven't received it yet. I wasn't sure which was the PT so I posted it in a special section on Florida Ratlist asking what was what. Someone kindly put a circle around the PT in the pic.

**WARNING** ONLY CLICK ON SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE NECROPSY PIC OF A PITUITARY TUMOUR
[spoiler:2stteo5o]
IssaPT_circle.jpg

IssaPT2.jpg
[/spoiler:2stteo5o]

It would be great to have a picture of a normal pituitary gland to compare to Issa's. Thanks for donating Issa's body to science. She doesn't need it anymore anyway - she's busy playing at the bridge.

Joanne said:
It would be great to have a picture of a normal pituitary gland to compare to Issa's. Thanks for donating Issa's body to science. She doesn't need it anymore anyway - she's busy playing at the bridge.

such a wonderful way to think of it....such a wonderful way to think of all organ or body donations.

Good lord, that is disturbingly, I'll say disgustingly, huge...

I imagine it would be tantamount to carrying around a grapefruit-sized tumor in a human...

That is huge, and to think that was after the Bromocriptine shrank it. Wish there was a way to detect PT sooner, so that the Bromo did not have such a daunting task.

Back