Is Atlantis Rattery Closing?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emergent Rattery lied and said that a Kajiji ad poster was breeding and selling the babies, when they were not. It was just a boy and his sister who bought rats and didn't understand that they can get pregnant again right after having babies so soon. The family wanted to find the rats good homes Charlotte tried to portray them as monsters and bought the pregnant female off of them. Thankfully Sterling Rats and I contacted the boy to save the remaining rats and give the boy an extra cage of proper size to house the daddy and two sons he and his sister were going to keep as pets. The boy named the daddy rat Yeti. =^.^=~ So even if Emergent Rattery helps rats, sometimes Charlotte spins stories to her benefit which aren't always true!

Sorry I'm a UK transplant. I was active in the UK rat community but haven't had rats in Canada. I'm now in the GTA in Ontario and looking for some nice temperament rats. Breeder recommendations? There don't seem to be any databases here. This thread so far isn't a fan of 2 ratteries... Are there any left round here?

Emergent Rattery lied and said that a Kajiji ad poster was breeding and selling the babies, when they were not. It was just a boy and his sister who bought rats and didn't understand that they can get pregnant again right after having babies so soon. The family wanted to find the rats good homes Charlotte tried to portray them as monsters and bought the pregnant female off of them. Thankfully Sterling Rats and I contacted the boy to save the remaining rats and give the boy an extra cage of proper size to house the daddy and two sons he and his sister were going to keep as pets. The boy named the daddy rat Yeti. =^.^=~ So even if Emergent Rattery helps rats, sometimes Charlotte spins stories to her benefit which aren't always true!

From my understanding she also got some of the harley siblings that the pregnant rat had before. She wanted the father but they would not sell him to her. I wonder what happened to Yeti's kids and wife? I never saw photos of them on her pages ever. The litter was large (13 or so). I only saw Moe on her page who to me looked more like a rex then a harley. She bred one of her harley's to Moe and had a baby harley Moe that had marking identical to Moe (blue bareback looking). This rat was advertised on Kijiji and was being sold for $65 but then she decided to keep her.

You state the the couple's children bought the rats. Where from? How did they obtain harleys and have permission to breed? Did they buy a breeding pair with permission to breed? I heard their rats came from the USA. Did they bring them into Canada?

This thread so far isn't a fan of 2 ratteries... Are there any left round here?
There other ratteries that post on Emergent site, you can try. 2 in Windsor (not related) and the other Oshawa/Ottawa maybe? So far the more I hear from Emergent's client forum, I would recommend them first. Ther the only ones in Toronto, midtown https://emergent-rattery.weebly.com/

This is a rescue rat forum.
Personally I am not aware of any breeder (with a possible exception in BC) who are ethical breeders who are breeding for health and life span. There is an established list of things which ethical breeders do and do not do and the particular rattery discussed in this thread does not qualify under that criteria.

I find it very offensive that people are suggesting breeders on this rat rescue forum.
There are many sites for breeders and where people can get recommendations if they choose to support breeders and the breeding of rats instead of helping rescue rats.

This is the only rescue rat site that I am aware of and I would appreciate it if the breeder talk was taken elsewhere.

Last edited:
Emergent used to have rescues, so she was a rescue at one point which isn't a bad quality at all and even though she may or may not be an ethical breeder she still brings attention to rats who are in need which I respect.

Last edited:
This is a rescue rat forum.
Personally I am not aware of any breeder (with a possible exception in BC) who are ethical breeders who are breeding for health and life span. There is an established list of things which ethical breeders do and do not do and the particular rattery discussed in this thread does not qualify under that criteria.

I find it very offensive that people are suggesting breeders on this rat rescue forum.
There are many sites for breeders and where people can get recommendations if they choose to support breeders and the breeding of rats instead of helping rescue rats.

This is the only rescue rat site that I am aware of and I would appreciate it if the breeder talk was taken elsewhere.

Oh dear my apologies. I thought this was THE place in the rat community to get help and recommendations. Clearly my mistake. I was simply looking for rats available in my area. breeder or rescue isn't important. Sex not important, age not important, but must be suitable for a 6 year old child, I am rat experienced. If I'm in the wrong place please let me know and I'll shift.

Sex not important, age not important, but must be suitable for a 6 year old child, I am rat experienced.
We just got 2 rescued boys via Emergent Rattery which are adorable. They are being fostered in Hamilton, but can come up on the weekends. Last I heard, they have a few left. I'd give you their e-mail but I don't know how to send a message to you on this forum.

Last edited:
You are in the right place for to get help and recommendations, info on rats (their health, cages, toys, food, etc), rescue related info, to share info & pics of your ratties etc

Great that you are thinking of helping rescue rats !
I would suggest that you check Kijiji ads, shelters and good rat rescues such as Ottawa rat rescue to find rats in need of a good home.
All Creatures Rescue in your area is a small rescue that has ratties in need of good homes - https://www.facebook.com/AllCreaturesTO/ You can see the wonderful ratties (and other animals) presently in need of good homes here http://allcreaturesrescue.ca/

There's lots of needy rats in Ontario these days. :) I used to rescue and adopt out, but am mostly a hospice rescue now and even then I am taking a break from intakes. I mostly do online advice right now to pay back the rat community.

Great that you are thinking of helping rescue rats !I would suggest that you check Kijiji ads, shelters and good rat rescues such as Ottawa rat rescue to find rats in need of a good home.
All Creatures Rescue in your area is a small rescue that has ratties in need of good homes - https://www.facebook.com/AllCreaturesTO/ You can see the wonderful ratties (and other animals) presently in need of good homes here http://allcreaturesrescue.ca/

No thanks, we already got 2 rats and 2 rescues from Emergent Rattery. That is enough for us.

There's lots of needy rats in Ontario these days. :) I used to rescue and adopt out, but am mostly a hospice rescue now and even then I am taking a break from intakes. I mostly do online advice right now to pay back the rat community.
pay them back for what? Sorry. What is a hospice rescue?

Back