Is Atlantis Rattery Closing?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to wait to reply until things were finalized but can't contain my excitement any longer. I've been approved to adopt the last 3 boys from the same litter you got your two boys from. I pick them up this Thursday, I can't wait! I'm glad to hear they are doing well, from the video and pics I've seen they do look well socialized. :) I'll be posting pics soon!

If you're planning to get babies from the litter Lilspaz currently has (I believe there are some left), please know that they are AMAZING! I have two boys from her and they are little dreams :) Super friendly and playful and very well socialized. Though I'm sure ANY rat lilspaz has fostered is beyond amazing!

I wanted to wait to reply until things were finalized but can't contain my excitement any longer. I've been approved to adopt the last 3 boys from the same litter you got your two boys from. I pick them up this Thursday, I can't wait! I'm glad to hear they are doing well, from the video and pics I've seen they do look well socialized. :) I'll be posting pics soon!

That is awesome! I'm getting two girls from that litter as wel.

Who is Atlantis, and how does everyone here know just by looking if a rat is from them or not? Or do you people call to confirm or something? Also, If I get a rescue rat , how will I know if it is or isn't not an ATlantis Rat?

I need to know coz I am getting rats (RESCUES) tomorrow and want to know where thay came from. Been burned twice and I don't want no aggressive rats

pm lilspaz68 and ask her ...... she should be able to give you some info

It is a good idea to include your location in your profile - at least country and province or state because info and resources can differ from place to place

It's toronto ontario. I ended up getting the 2 rescues PLUS two breeder rats, as the breeder also rescues. I dodn't know till we got there. They also gave me money back off the pedigreed ones, as a rescue reward. Gotta like that! Hopefully their telling the truth but they said they don't deal with ATlantis or any canadian ratteries except one in Brampton that closed. Also the place was super upscale and a lot cleaner then Pixies which had poops all over the floor and dogs running around. And much lass rats than Rambling Rats when I was there a few years ago.

Congrats on the new ratties

Just so you know, good breeders (if any exist) take back their rats but they do not rescue because taking in new rats puts their breeding rats at risk of catching one of the highly contagious, often fatal airborn diseases that affect rats

They are called Ratopia Rescue/ Emergent Rattery. I didn't take pi
boy4.0.JPG
boy4.0.JPG
x yet because she said leave them alone for a few days. The rescues are the brown one and the Wedge on their page: Ratopia Boys . Theyre a little skiddish but I love them. The Rattery babies are more friendly . When I saw them riding around on her boyfriend's shoulder eating Chinese food (my favorite!), they became MUST HAVE rats LOL. So that's how I ended up with 4. They seemed like they got a lot of individual attention, and are real happy lil guys.

Attachments

• boy 3.1.JPG
    boy 3.1.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 132
Lilspaz68 it looks like it is Charlotte Stanley ... she apparently has a rescue fb page with non-profit status and a rattery page

Last edited:
Ohhhh. Charlotte :( Hopefully all is well with your rats you got from her. I wouldn't consider her a responsible Rattery or a rescue personally.

Btw I know the Brampton Rattery she is talking about and they never adopted to her. She's claimed that many times.

Emergent Rattery gets their rats from USA, not Brampton. Anyhow, I feel more relaxed after joining the client forums. If they got 4 year old rats, how bad could they be?

Emergent Rattery gets their rats from USA, not Brampton. Anyhow, I feel more relaxed after joining the client forums. If they got 4 year old rats, how bad could they be?

She stopped breeding many years ago - over 10 years ago I believe, although I think she was more recently breeding harley rats rescued from unknown backgrounds.
From reading her site it sounds like she has been breeding again for a little while and is hopefully documenting everything - if she has the parents and grandparents as her site says (what happened to all the other members of that family?) then she has likely only been breeding her lines for less then a year
- According to her site her first adoptable litter (wording leaves me with many questions) was born in January 2018. There is no evidence that she is breeding longer lived ratties, unless you have detailed documented health info about the lines she obtained her breeding rats from.
She may or may not be, but it will be many years of documentation before that can be said, if it is true.

Knowledgeable people have had and continue to have concerns regarding her ethics when it comes to rats, breeding rats, rat care, what has happened re rescues etc.

Lilspaz68 is very knowledgeable regarding breeders and breeding ....... I am not so what I have written may betray my ignorance

Anyway all ratties are wonderful and I hope all 4 have a wonderful life with you.

Last edited:
Hey thanks and I dont think your ignorant at all. Sorry I can help with you guys lines and other questions (too technical for me), I think u shd join Emergent rattery forums because the site out of date.. Its like a family, and . My gf is getting interested now so who knows LOL . Sharlote and her co-ratteries are university graduates and rat experts . Their rats were bred to train and do tricks mostly. My gf will try to upload a video of our Platinum boy doing a trick first try. They are so smart!

Jaxrats, I am glad that you are happy with your new ratties. All ratties are very special.
However, you should be aware that many people on this site (and on other sites) are well educated, and regardless of formal education several on here have extensive experience and knowledge concerning rats, their health, illnesses, care, and even breeding, although they are involved in rescue and choose not to breed. So while it is great that you have found a community that you like, they are far from the only educated, knowledgeable, or experienced rat owners and are not necessarily as knowledgeable as several other people I am aware of - some of which are respected members of this site and really are experts when it comes to rats.

You should also be aware that rats from all sources are usually quite intelligent and can easily learn to do tricks ... and yes this certainly includes rescue rats - actually the rats I am aware of that enjoy doing various tricks etc that they have been taught are rescue rats. I am not saying this to diminish your rattties in any way, I just want you and others to know that these qualities are shared by most ratties regardless of the claims you mentioned (some ratties from all sources may be cognitively handicapped) and are not particular to rats from that breeder or any other breeder. BTW, there are some youtube videos that show how to use positive reinforcement to teach ratties to do various tricks.

Anyway, congrats on your new ratties and glad that you found a community that you like.

Last edited:
I do want to say enjoy the trick training, it can be lots of fun and the rats often love it. If you have any medical or behavioural questions please post here as well, as those are my specialties and I want to make sure your rats get the best possible advice. Rats are a Learn on the Job training type of animal, we all can learn more :) i would double check info given to me even by my vet to make sure I was getting the most correct advice/information.

Enjoy your babies, and don't forget to most pics :)

Emergent has also obtained multiple harleys from Mississauga which took place at the beginning of 2016. She obtained many offspring from former litters of the pregnant female she got (who was bred more than twice). The rat mom gave birth to a harley litter in Charlotte's home. Apparently these harleys came from an unknown breeder in the USA and I'm sure she is using the gene in her harley breeding program.

Last edited:
I think we all need to be a bit careful about making assumptions on other ratteries. All rat breeders rely on their reputation and for people to state things without confirmation isnt fair, Jaxrats look great!

I agree and feel some ratteries are being judged harshly. They may have made mistakes and have improved their methods as well. Afterall, we all learn as we go not matter if we are a pet only rat owner or breeder.

Back