Iris the sick Hamilton Girl & her Battle-No More Updates :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OceanEyes117 said:
Maple said:
Not only that, it is truly visible the neutering bond Valora has for her!
hehehehehehehe The what kind of bond?? :laugh4: Sorry Maple, but I was reading the new posts and this just cracked me up!
But Iris is looking much better! Lots of love and hugs to her. Seems like she found the right person, and now, the right rats and is making her comeback!

:shock: Ooooop! typo, all fixed "nurturing". All these sick and homeless ratties is starting to effect my train of thought! Thanks for the correction.

One step forward, two steps back, I wonder what all this means???? She has come so far. Keep truckin Iris!!

Up, down, up, down...like a scary teeter totter. :undecided:

Yesterday was a very bad day...I had her out and she kept falling over into that horrible little ball she used to. She was limp and her little feet were clubbed :(

I was sure that we were close to the end or at least getting closer. This morning, she ran out of the Corner Retreat looking for her Ensure. So she got her Ensure, baby food and baby cereal to hold her until tonight. I will be leaving her at home from now on, since she's getting fluids morning and night now (I hate sub-q'g her, she's sooo wee).

She was at the bottom of the cage and all 3 girls are sleeping half in, half out of the "litter pan" :lol: With my geriatrics I cut a piece of coroplast to fit into the base of the cage, and then leave a gap at the end to put YN (or Mews Print in this case), so feeble oldies can just walk in and walk out easily....or sleep. :doh:

All 3 in the "litter pan"...Iris was cuddled up to Valora's butt earlier
irisandfriendsjun29.jpg

Iris with her Moggy protector (Moggy watches over her girls, and will still nip me if she thinks they need help).
IrisandMoggyjun29.jpg

Am I jinxing myself if I say that we have had a good morning and now a good evening! A whole day of GOOD :thumbup:

She's soo wee and her face is a bit crooked still
Irisissooweejun29.jpg

Her good side
Iris2inmylapjun29.jpg

Her bad side (ear and eye)
Irisjun29.jpg

She's exploring all over the couch... :happydance:

Looking at her, the bad eye is really looking pretty good. She still appears very thin. Is it just the pictures?
Oh, she really is a doll! :heart:

Maple said:
Looking at her, the bad eye is really looking pretty good. She still appears very thin. Is it just the pictures?
Oh, she really is a doll! :heart:

She's very thin, she still can't eat solids but is able to eat her soft mushy foods herself now at least.

I just made her banana/Ensure/oatmeal, lets see how much I can get into her. :roll:

Lord, I dunna Iris's story, I went to page 1 and what I could tell is that the last picture I saw here sure looked way better than the 1st picture there. Love & hopes to Iris, hugs & heartstrength to you.

She is so tiny!! How old do you think she is? Shes not only really thin, but he whole frame just seems like the frame of a baby (comparing with photos of babies you've done 'hanging' pics with)

her ear seems to be a lot more clean lately than it did originally, is it keeping dry?

She's very young...I would say somewhere in the region of 4-5 months old. One of the reasons Sarah and I decided to give her a chance...big baby feet, young frame, old sick eyes. :sad3: And sick and limp as she was, bruxxing when she was touched no matter what you did. :heart:

Her ear has improved but it also goes into its ups and downs...last night I found a little bit of blood in the canal...but she's itching it and I am sure scratched it again. The smell of the infection is always there unfortunately.

I am still prepared to lose her and not be totally surprised. It will be hell of course, but I have to be realistic. Her body is working very hard, even with help and she's very weak, but she's fighting. IF she gives up then the fight will be over, but so far so good :thumbup:

Back