Introducing Titus-Poodle or Poodle Cross? Hmm...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the only way to shave a dog's face. Any blade longer than the one used to do Canelle's is dangerous, can catch an eyelid, lip, or nose. A good groomer can scissor it short without shaving it, but it generally costs more, isn't as clean, and is more difficult to maintain.

You could try putting a big rock in the middle of his food that way he has to move it around to get the food which will slow him down. Make sure it is a big rock one that there is no way he could try and swallow it. I had to do this with one of my horses because she would eat so fast she would colic.

Is there another dog around threatening his food? If so try putting him in his crate with him food he may feel less threatened.

LOL!!! Wellll.... there is the Laundry Monster

laundrymonster.jpg

Burt seriously, she doesn't bug him. He is a pig.

She will just sleep on anything soft, lol. I tries to get in my house coat all of the time, whether it is on me or not.

Thanks for the tip, I will try it.

The brick/rock trick really does work, but he really does need to work to get at the food... if the dish is big enough that the rock or brick doesn't really cause imposition it won't work.

You can buy bowls with a number of small bumps in it that do the same thing... also a neat idea.

I took Titus on the bus yesterday (short ride of about 5 mins to go to his vet checkup) and he was ok, but scared. I decided he wasn't ready for the trek out to the groomers on Monday. I found a petstore 5 mins of a walk away from me and they are going to groom him tomorrow. :) I can't wait to post pics!!

That's sooo great! Buses are really scary, I'm proud he did it.

I remember taking Indy on the subway...she was scared. :( It didn't help that a bunch of creepy men on the train were making freaky noises at her. I worried if I yelled at them she'd pick up on my stress.

I don't understand why men do that... it's ALWAYS men making noises... they do it to Lady then wonder why she freaks out at them...

My biggest fear is that the dog will bite, and they will blame me... and then I think of the worse that can happen... getting my doggy taken away and..well.. you know. :(

jorats said:
You can bring your dog on the bus? :shock:
Ya, Toronto is awesome like that. You can bring your dog on the bus/streetcar/subway as long as it isn't during rush hour (6:30am-9:30am, 3:30pm-6:30pm)

Titus is in for his groom, er shave. Apparently he is matted too much. We will have to start fresh and grow is hair out.

There is a chance he is not a pure bread. They say his nose is too short. Oh well, he's a cutie. I wuv my puppy.

Know what, a poorly bred poodle can have a short muzzle. Or ears that are too long. Or white patches. So I wouldn't necessarily listen to that.

Plus he's young.. there could still be some growth there.

But it will be interesting to see his after shots! Take many... that could be very telling of his breed.

(for the record, I have a purebred poodle who comes to daycare, and he has a shortish muzzle, also)

Back