Inca has her Spay/Removal - Update 7/6

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she hasn't opened it much more, but she's sooo active, and this is the side she runs from, climbs from, jumps from. She's too active for her own good but you really cannot stop her. :roll:

It's at the icky stage of healing...blech.

jul3Incasopenincision.jpg

But she's cheeky and bright and doing well.

Except her stumpy side is always so itchy...and she cannot reach, so I sometimes have to help out.
jul3Incascratching.jpg

Jul3Inca1.jpg

jul3Inca2.jpg

What a brat! I'd leave it. It looks pretty good anyways. I remember once that happened to my mom's rat. He had a huge keratin cyst removed from his chest. It opened right up. Mom and I were freaking out, I drove them back to the vet in such a rush... only to have the vet say, ya, that happens, it's in a bad spot, just leave it. UGH! lol

That's what I thought. I am not even rinsing it since Inca is keeping it clean very diligently. She's not obsessive just gently thorough.

I took more pics after cleaning her cage.

In her cube
jul3Incaincage3.jpg

Coming out to patrol...this is when she would be guarding her cage. You couldn't touch the sides and even changing the water bottle had to be done carefully. She was fast and would leave slashy bites on my fingers.

jul3Incaincage2.jpg

But her attitude towards me seems to have changed so much, I decided to test my theory and possibly sacrifice my fingers. LOLOL

Awwwww....

jul3Incaincage1.jpg

crumbilina said:
eagle said:
crumbilina said:
You put your fingers in her cage?!?!?!?! Goodness that was brave!

She looks fantastic!

No feather teasing from you anymore. :laugh4:

We'll see about that!

I hope she will still play!!!! Its so much fun, for human and rat :p

She still huffs and puffs at the rats outside of her cage so I am sure she will play :D

lilspaz68 said:
crumbilina said:
eagle said:
crumbilina said:
You put your fingers in her cage?!?!?!?! Goodness that was brave!

She looks fantastic!

No feather teasing from you anymore. :laugh4:

We'll see about that!

I hope she will still play!!!! Its so much fun, for human and rat :p

She still huffs and puffs at the rats outside of her cage so I am sure she will play :D

YAY!!!! :D

LoL, more like heart failures!

I love that second photo where she's resting against your hand - it's crazy just how radical a personality shift she underwent!

The incision has opened up a bit because she is more active but its still healing amazingly well.

jul10Incaincision.jpg

BUT she has a lump...is it a seroma (fluid buildup) or a recurrence? I guess I'll just have to watch and see.

jul10Incalump.jpg

It's sure not stopping her from anything. :laugh4:

jul1Inca2.jpg

jul10Inca.jpg

crumbilina said:
Glad to see she is running again! Yay Inca!

Can't wait to play next time I see her! I'll bring another fluffy pipecleaner... what other colour does she look good in? lol

green, blue, purple, orange, she's not picky :cheeky:

Back