Inca has her Spay/Removal - Update 7/6

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 2:44 am and Inca and I are still on the bed...well I was until now :p She's been very quiet, sleeping next to me all night long. Her fur is down, her eyes are much brighter, but she's still very quiet. Her breathing is a titch laboured and she makes this occasional sound (nasal?) but when I listen to her lungs they are clear. Her heart sounds a bit funny, but then again I have never really had Inca stay still long enough for me to listen to her regular heart rhythm...hahaha.

She ate just a little watery baby cereal for me, but that's it. Prior to this she refused everything, so I am worried about her appetitie. I may take her off the Torb injections tomorrow and see how she does on just metacam.

Also, her collar has been off the entire time, but I guess it will have to go back on when I am at work until I get home again tomorrow inght. She's going to be a very unhappy camper when I put it back on her....sigh.

jun30Incaearlyam.jpg

:hugs: to you and to her :hugs:

what an ordeal!!
praying that she comes around and starts eating better

you don't get much sleep these days do you?

violet976 said:
so when she lays with you she doesn't pick at it at all?

She was better about it even when under the opiate/pica effect, but would still try. Last night she didn't touch her incision at all. She slept near me and I would reach down and stroke her gently every once in a while. About 4-5 am she was actually climbing around, but I think she's got a touch of a URI, or aspirated some medication or something. She was doing panicked little runs and seemed best lying on top of my arm (I was on my side at the time)...she would make a funny noise (less nasal more gasping) but then that passed. This morning about 6:30 am she was grooming herself...normally, not even touching the incision, but cleaning her side. I started rubbing her ears (especially the side with no hind leg to scratch it) and she loved it. After that she bruxxed and boggled for me, then lay on her side and we dozed til 7ish.

She didn't like taking her meds and was struggling and screeching. I actually had to put her on her back, and pin her chest and head to get the baytril and metacam in (I gave her a titch more to get through the day). I am not putting her in the collar when I put her back in the cage later. I will take my chances but I am sure the picking and opening of incisions is over now that that opiate has left her system. I shall call and tell them she cannot have it put on her chart. Hopefully we never have to have surgery again, she's already technically had 4 in a short period of time.

She wasn't very photogenic this morning
jun30IncaAMbetter.jpg

And her attitude is back in spades! She didn't like the camera so she pushed the blanket up as a door she shut LOLOL
jun30IncaAMgetouttamyface.jpg

Back in her cage with no collar today. I gave her a piece of fleece and she's been pushing it around. Now she's up in her hammock. I have seen her gently lick the incision then she stops so I don't think I shall have to worry today.

Much happier. Although I think she preferred being out with me on the bed. :giggle:

jun30Incahappier2.jpg

jun30Incahappier.jpg

It is good to see her looking so much better in that last picture. The ones from yesterday were heart breaking :)

Back