I'm no longer sitting here crying or need some help(UPDATE)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orca's surgery (last one we'll do), seems to be a success. They removed his right eye (what was left of it, it was pretty dried out) and a whole mess of tissue behind it. It wasn't the same kind of "cheesy" gooey tissue, but it came out easily in fibrous chunks and the vet said it could be tumor or a different kind of abscess. While he was under, she also removed another small (pus filled) abscess that was near his previous incision. Basically, she called him an Abscess Factory. He came out of anesthesia pretty quickly, such a trooper. I actually helped out a little during the surgery (running with surgical scrub, holding his mask and helping with the final flush of the site). I'm truly blessed to work at a shelter and have awesome vets and staff willing to go the extra mile for my rat baby!

he's doing really well, eating and without any girdle or collar. Through everything he's still Orca.

Just gave Orca his evening meds. He pushed at the syringe as if to say "Aww mom, do I have to?!"

He's being feisty and sweet, which is a good thing! :thumbup:

Back