I made a video of my rat!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am finally getting my rats!!!! :D
I agreed to join a youth orchestra if my parents would allow me getting some rats. So now I have to find the rats...I can't find any rat shelters around here.

Yep it awesome. My parents demand that I name the rats Frank and Estelle. even though they will both be girls. haha they are the names of people from the show 'Seinfeld'

Welcome!

I'm glad you got discouraged quickly from only getting one. I only had my little Cambria for about a year before I got her a playmate. Totally regret that she had to spend all those nights sleeping alone in her house. Ah well, learn and move on. :thumbup:

Pretty shabby of your 'rents to back out of their original deal with you. Glad you seem to be getting things figured out though!

Welcome to the shack
Your parents will learn to love them as long as you are responsible and do all the care and train them. I did not like rats at first just because of the tail. Then my daughter asked if she could have one, I agreed because she was doing well in school. I have to say that little rat stole my heart and when he passed away and she ask if she could get a couple more I said yes. We now have 6 rats and I was the one that brought 4 of them home.

frank.JPG

The person I adopted this rat from only had one rat left when I got there. His name is Frank and he is my new best friend! :D
this lady had kept rats all her life and is great at training them. she said that if you have more than one then the rat won't get attached to you or learn tricks as well.
Frank gladly sits on my shoulder for hours, hes so cute!

That lady was full of crap dear :) Rats NEED a friend, if anything... living alone could very easily make him prone to health problems and depression. Any animal can learn tricks, and a happy rat will learn better than a depressed one.

Tell me... are you willing to curl up into that hammock and sleep on top of him? Are you able to lick his fur to get the dirt out? Those are two main keys a rats NEEDS... and us humans cannot give it to them haha

He's sweet, he looks like my old boys, Sam and Dean :heart:

Frank is gorgeous. I do hope you get him a buddy though. Rats do so much better in pairs and you will be loved by both of them.

PitLuvs said:
That lady was full of crap dear :) Rats NEED a friend, if anything... living alone could very easily make him prone to health problems and depression. Any animal can learn tricks, and a happy rat will learn better than a depressed one.

Tell me... are you willing to curl up into that hammock and sleep on top of him? Are you able to lick his fur to get the dirt out? Those are two main keys a rats NEEDS... and us humans cannot give it to them haha

He's sweet, he looks like my old boys, Sam and Dean :heart:
^.^ haha, I guess I can't get into his hammock and I doubt he would like my licking him.. well hopefully after he gets fixed I can find him a girl-rat-friend. :)

mamarat said:
Frank is gorgeous. I do hope you get him a buddy though. Rats do so much better in pairs and you will be loved by both of them.
Thanks. I am really enjoying him.

This shocked me that he doesn't lash out and bite me like all my rabbits do. he is so nice that he makes my rabbits seem evil.

My rat has the gruesomest-est name ever. Part of it is in Spanish, because I love Spanish.

his name means "Frank, ruler of the earth and Oreo cookies" in English. haha

He's a cutie but that lady is sadly mistaken. Rats get attached to you no matter how many there are and they can all learn tricks, it all depends on their personality. I really hope you get Frank a friend and cross that lady off your list cause she clearly knows NOTHING about rats.

Back