I challenge you!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KMG365 said:
henry's_mum said:
KMG365 said:
Dahlas said:
OMG I just saw...no popcorn at the theatre!!!!Is that even possible....to watch a movie without popcorn. No it can't be.

Actually, the "no popcorn at the theatre" part of this challenge is doable for those willing to follow the little trick I discovered last Tuesday!

While waiting in line to see a movie last week, I decided not to get popcorn. Shortly after sitting down though, I changed my mind and decided to get a large drink and popcorn. Cost: About $11.00.

Close to an hour or so into the movie, I grabbed a handful of popcorn and accidentally bit down on an unpopped kernel that was in the bag. Instantly, I felt a sharp pain on the side of my mouth. After getting home, I realized that I had broken the side off one of my molars. Tomorrow afternoon, I go to the dentist to get the tooth fixed. Interestingly, I've now discovered that I don't have the same desire I used to to have popcorn at the theatre.

So, for a small investment of only $11.00 at the theatre concession stand (your cost may vary), hundreds of dollars in unplanned dental work AND lots of pain and discomfort, YOU TOO can eliminate - or considerably lessen - the need to have popcorn at the theatre! Cost: Priceless.
OMG! I have had a similar thing happen to me, and I too no longer get popcorn at the movies! I opt for NACHOS!!!!
I got a piece of the kernel stuck IN my gums, and it caused a gum infection. It wasn't very costly, to me, I had a job with GREAT benefits back then, they paid for it! but the PAIN of it all was enough for me. I hardly eat popcorn ata ll anymore...

I got that tooth fixed and a couple other teeth where I had chipped off a bit of enamel and the bill came to about $500.00. The formerly broken tooth is still really sensitive at times, but at least I didn't need a root canal and I'm told the sensitivity should subside in time. So, $11.00 for popcorn and a drink actually cost me $511.00. Most expensive popcorn and drink I've ever purchased!

I know that I would not be able to participate in a plan like the one Lindsayfawn is talking about. For me, eating is typically a chore and I often put it off until the very last moment. So, it's not uncommon for me to go without eating for the majority of the day and then I just have to grab something wherever I happen to be. It's definitely not a good habit to get into, but I've been like this for the majority of my life and it would take a lot of effort to change, I think.

Must find a cook for Kevin. :nod:

Back