I challenge you!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

I have made a challenge for this year which has turned into a contest.

Can you not eat out for one whole year?

This even means no Tim Hortons coffee, no popcorn at the theater not even a pop from a vending machine.

Ang and I are doin it as well as twitch and a few other of Ang's friends on facebook. I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone else wants to take on this challenge.

Seeing how I posted it late you can start tomorrow but your year will end then on Jan 3,2011.

Who's up for it?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to win this one!

Also there is no going to be but add some stipulations like eating out on peoples bdays. No eating out for a year means no eating out for a year none of this oh but it's my moms bday! Tough! If you take on the challenge then you will eat at home before you go out to a restaurant with friends and only have water! Yes that's right only water.

Think you're strong enough?

Nope, I can't do it. I travel too much, for example in February I'm going to the Caribbean for a week, and in the summer I'm going to Las Vegas, so for my lifestyle it's pretty much impossible! Haha.

Not to mention my parents and I have one night a month where we go out drinking and for a nice steak dinner at The Keg, and I wouldn't be willing to give that up as we love our "date" nights!

Good luck to those who do it.

No Timmies!?!?!?!?!

For me, IMPOSSIBLE! *sits back and sips tea*

I'm too addicted! hahaha

(I shouldn't laugh, I really am a slave to the Tim Horton's Empire!)

Good Luck!!

No sorry......I am certainly going to cut back and get more healthy. I will limit my Timmies to once a week....but I could never give up all treats.

I would be able to do it EXCEPT when you mentioned no pop from the tap machines .... I love pop on tap SO much!

When I was growing up, our family almost never ate out or got take-out; it was about once every 2-3 years! It's a fabulous way to save money and to stay slim.

I would not be able to do it for a whole year now, due to travel and the desire to eat out on my upcoming birthday! But I am already cutting down on the coffees, etc.

haha i really couldn't. I ALWAYS have a packet of crisps (chips?) and a cup of tea at college every morning lol.

And, i am slightly addicted to chinese take-out at the mo :)

Good luck though Lindsay :D i hope you succeed!

I very rarely eat out, not even once a month, but I do like to treat myself occasionally and I am not prepared to give that up. Plus, I do have to attend things for work that I can't eat around.
Good luck to those who are taking up the challenge!

Good luck, but I forsee some people being a bit offended when you refuse to eat when they invite you out for their birthday, LOL

No not me!! I'm a university student and trying not to eat the delicious food on campus all the time is hard enough. I live off-campus but Guelph food is like restaurant food. *yum*

I really hope you're not challenging me. Because HAHAHAHA. I could NEVER do it! Not that I'm proud of that its just a fact of my life...

Good luck to all you guys though. That is some willpower right there!

well kudos to you! i've been making progress, but i'm not at the point where i can avoid eating out entirely. i work retail bleh and when i worked in the mall i used to eat in the food court every darn day ugh. when me and my husband split and money got tighter for me i started making sandwiches for lunch, between that and the depression i lost like 30 lbs. but my best friend would still treat me to restaurant food every once in a while. and now my situation is a little better, i still bring my own lunch to work and my boyfriend or i cooks dinner at night, but some nights we'll go out to eat instead or i'll be too lazy to make a sandwich before work and will have to grab lunch out. so i'm not there quite yet, but maybe next year! good luck to you guys! you'll definitely notice a difference in how you feel!

-shudders- I'm not really one for eating out very often but I can't even imagine the complications and extra effort this entails. What if you wanted to spend a day out at an amusement park or went on a vacation? Eep. Best of luck!

KaraY said:
-shudders- I'm not really one for eating out very often but I can't even imagine the complications and extra effort this entails. What if you wanted to spend a day out at an amusement park or went on a vacation? Eep. Best of luck!

The vacation part is exactly why I can't do it. Haha.

Back