HELP!! How to keep sick/dying rats comfortable.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aylie passed away last night... She was such a good little ratty, and I will miss her so much. I'm worried about Eloise though, I hope she will be okay. I know Aylie was suffering a lot, I just wish there was something more I could have done. I'm going to bury her in my backyard, the home I have lived in my whole life. There is a bush outside that my mom planted in honor of my dog Georgia who died when I was six. I'm going to buy some perennials and plant them over, her life will feed new life. R.I.P. Aylie, I love you so much.

I'm so sorry, Isabelk. :sad3: :tearful:

You did everything you could and your girl loved you. She has made her way to the Rainbow Bridge and your picture has the place of honor on her cloud. :rose:

To make your rats comfortable to the EXTREME then take a pillow,(not one of those cheap ones with stuffing, it MUST have feathers in it because that is just overall comfy) and put it on the bottom of their cage and cover EVERY surface your rats stand on with fleece, then you must give them some FRICKIN GOURMET FOOD that isn't just rat pellets. Give them their favorite healthy food MIXED with rat pellets (my rats LOVE that). Finally, you must love them with every ounce of your heart. Treat them as if today may be the last day you ever see them alive, because it may be.

edit: I'm so sorry for your rats u REALLY deserve a hug :)

If you want to give your rats the probiotic benefits of yoghurt without exposing them to lactose, several brands of lactose-free yoghurt are now on the market.

If you want to give your rats the probiotic benefits of yoghurt without exposing them to lactose, several brands of lactose-free yoghurt are now on the market.

Or better yet, give them probiotics (in a nondairy solution)
that way they do not receive the harmful health impact of dairy, and you are not supporting animal cruelty

Back