Hello! I'm new, to here, but not to rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, us ratty folk know the feeling! For every adorable photo we snag of our rats, there are 100 other times that we WISH we had been quick enough with the camera (or had a camera nearby) to get an awesome and cute photo before the lil furries are off again, or they move! :wink2:

image.php

I don't think I have to worry now :heart:

Just the sweetest faces! Your boys are beautiful! And they look so content with each other...I am so glad you have two ratties now, to keep each other company, terrific! They will be much happier and healthier having each other for a buddy. :cloud9:

I want one more! a black and white one, one that will be "mine" so when I let the kids play with the rats I can still have one too!! Even though whenever I let them have rat time the rats are thinking eeeeek what are these creatures you're letting loose on us? and they boomerang back to me anyway. They love me :heart:

Oh I totally believe it! I am sure they love you very much. You are their safe person that they can run to, to be reassured and comforted. :nod:

Are your kids getting better at being gentle with them?

well the older one is, he's 6, but younger is 4 and just won't stop squealing and wiggling and picking them up all wrong.... it's exhausting to watch! Then I hold them for a cuddle and put them back in the cage and they usually just pass out. Or they just refuse to leave my sleeves and I carry them around for a while. They like daddy too, but he's here less so I'm still the favorite hehe.

also on a side note, my dog really wants to be a rat now...she almost was until one of the rats crawled onto her head and started cleaning the wax out of her ears. At which point she leaped into the air and ran away going what the heck was that!?

Awww! Ha ha, your dog was getting groomed by your ratty! What a great compliment and honor for your dog, even though it sort of startled him a bit! :D

given enough time we may make a rat out of her yet. Never unsupervised of course! She's just so curious about them and she's always looking at them in the cage and when I come to get them out or make kisses at them she sticks her little nose against the bars and they come nose her nose. I'm sure they're all why doesn't that rat have to go in the cage?

Back