Hello! I'm new, to here, but not to rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If both rats are young, intros are usually a breeze. Make sure they're the same sex though before you put them together! LOL
Looking forwards to some pictures. :D

oh they both got sets of danglers so no problem there! I don't *think* it's gonna be an issue, they are both pretty young, newbie is definitely a submissive type and Rat is totally an alpha, so they should fall into line. Bigger cage is on the shopping list. For the night (since this happened so suddenly) Squish is occupying an old bird cage (I clipped the sliding doors closed, just in case) It's not very big and I feel bad about that but it's safe and he can smell his soon to be cage mate. Food, water, and some newspapers and blankey are with him. Tomorrow when daddy is home (I don't wanna do it alone) we will take them to the tub or up to our bed for some face to face sniffings. The kids are at their mom's and have no idea we have another, little brother will be ecstatic since he's been in love with his big brother's rat. And keeps making it known how much he wants one and that he will call it Peter, but it's name is totally Squish haha. I'm the one doing the work after all. He looks like a Squish anyway. He's a super cuddler, and was the ONLY rat in the store, if there were more I don't think he'd have brought one home. It just spoke to him I guess. There are a few pics up in my Squish folder, I'll get more up soon though.

Welcome to the Shack! I am so glad (like the other folks here on the forum) that you got your new boy a buddy for company! He will be so happy having a friend to cuddle and play with and just for the company. Rats are so much happier with a friend. Great news!

neutral territory rat time was a success! Right now they are hanging out in each other's cages, next is neutral cage time. There was only a couple eeps outta them mostly they played rat train and run to mommy!

Hey, excellent progress! They will be best buddies in no time. :joy:

Isn't it so touching when our rat kids run to mommy (or daddy) for comfort and reassurance? Melts my husband and I every time. :heart:

Yeah, kids can scare ratties easily if they don't know how to be quiet spoken and gentle with them. My husband and I don't have any kids so our rats have always been our furry children. :)

image.php

apron nap!

Awww! What a sweetheart! I never get tired of seeing photos of rats napping away...they always look so content and adorable! He is gorgeous! I love his nose smudge, just precious! :heart:

he has a butt smudge too! he actually matches one of our cats exactly, I keep seeing him staring at him and wonder if he thinks it's his mommy. Other cats are all black so match my other baby. Now I just need a black and white cow colored rat and I'll have a full set! haha

Ha ha, yes, you would have the full set! One of our furry boys is a black and white hooded rat and he has those big black polka dot markings here and there on him...we call them his "cow spots". :)

I guess your ratty is a...burmese? Or Siamese rat? I always get the two confused, but yes, the smudge markings at the nose and tail are are just gorgeous on this type of rat. I have always found them so pretty.

I love this picture, he was snuggling in his fuzzy bag on my lap and I looked down and saw that, how could I not take a picture? good thing I did too cause like two seconds later he moved

Back