Hello all!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

Hello everyone, my name is Henry's_mum, and Henry, you might have guessed it is my newly aquired addiction...

Henry came to be Henry when the original family would no longer care for him, andwere going to take him to a shelter. -Enter my family-
We quickly set up a cage we had in our shed, and tried to make it the best we could in short notice.
We got some food, and the like, and he seems to be settling in ok. :joy:

My 2 yr old son decided to name him Henry, we're not too sure where the name comes from, but it's a cute name none the less.

I've been told Henry is an agouti bershire by a friend of mine who also, like me, loves bunnies. :bunnydance: and between a few of us we figure he's about 3-5 mos. old. He's a bit over weight, and a BIG boy!

He's a sweet, shy boy who LOVES nothing more than to relax, eat, and chill all day long. He's not the adventurous type AT ALL, but we're hoping that will change as we interact with him more.

Any advice is welcome as we are new to the rat life. We have 2 dogs, 3 rabbits, and a fish. We've had a chameleon, who was my life before our son, but sadly he passed a couple of years ago. So we're not new to the pet thing, just the rat thing...

TTYS!

Welcome to the Shack!
Rats are really social animals, it would be great to give Henry a buddy.
If he's more a relaxed rat, I would think he's older. Usually rats at 3 to 5 months are always on the go.
Can we get pics of this lucky boy?

Do you have a digital pic of Henry on your computer already? If so, you can click the small link at the bottom of the reply post: click here to add images to post. From there you will hit browse and find the picture and submit and it will show up here. I hope I explained that right. :oops:

What style are you using? I just realized that the link may only be available in the 3myl_sable style. :nod:

If you are using the 3myl_sable style, the link is right under the posting box where you enter your post.

Welcome to the forum! :D

He's gorgeous! Good size, but I would say full grown so at least 7 months old. He's an agouti variberk because the white goes up the sides. He's really beautiful.

:welcome2:

Congrats on your new boy :D

Henry does need a same sex friend. Rats are social animals and need at least one friend ... however, you will need to do gradual intros - there are steps.
Just putting unfamiliar rats together usually results in someone getting hurt.

Ok, so today my son and I went to the pet store this other family got Henry from to ask some background questions, and spoil him rotten!!!!(of course)

Henry is only 9 WEEKS OLD!!!! It's the pet stores family member who breeds them, and yeah, he's only just turned 9 weeks old!!!! and he asked obviously how I got Henry, so I told him about the previous family, and the story and he said he couldn't be happier for Henry to have a HOME, and not have fallen victim to the shelter.

So my BIG boy is big isn't he????LOL! He said all the males from the litter were big, but my Henry had the sweetest disposition out of them all, and he himself contmplated on keeping Henry!

If the little guy is only 9 weeks old, it would be the best time to give him a buddy about the same age. Intros are real easy then. :thumbup:

Here he is, at it again...
When I was watching him run around my sons room tonight, I thought "what a friggin' mental case he is" then it dawned on me, the poor little guy pobably has NEVER ran around like this before!

Back