Hamilton Girls ...Sparrow is HOME :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefloats said:
That is awesome. She holds her food ok with one hand?

Well that is her big challenge, and she's managing softer or smaller bits held in the one and she was learning to pin it down, but then would forget and pick it up and thren fumble it. She doesn't seem distraught or frustrated, just has to figure it out. :p

crumbilina said:
How does she scratch her ears? Does she use her front paw to steady herself when she scratches either side?

I think I need to visit her :giggle:

*I* scratch her ears (and get licks!!), but mostly I just see her do normal ratty things and realize "how does she do that? she's only got one leg?" I haven't figured out how she blithely climbs and jumps down...6" drop!! I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw this! She's a very strong muscular little girl, with quite the engine in her caboose..haha, which probably helps. This weekend I plan on getting more stupid batteries/charger and taking a video of her for me and for everyone.

So this morning I mixed up an Emeraid diet and a little baby cereal, and then put some Oxbow in the top bowl...she snatched and ate the Oxbow with one-hand!! :bliss:

I don't know how you afford this stuff. That's why I have no ratties now.
This is the world of difference between a kid in your hands and kid in a science lab...
Sparrow is a lucky girl, better to have 1 wing, wind beneath it, and love to make her heart fly, than to be a perfectly whole but trapped in misery.
I don't guess she needs 2 hands when she has 3 with you. Love to her and you.

That is awesome. I am glad to see how well she has adapted but dont think your video making days are over yet LOL

hopefloats said:
That is awesome. I am glad to see how well she has adapted but dont think your video making days are over yet LOL

Oh no, not at all. :) I had to toss out several videos because they were too dark, and some were awesome too :p Wait for the weekend!

lilspaz68 said:
oct23Linnet.jpg

Has anyone nominated this adorable pic for RPOM yet????

Anyone second?

She's so cute!

Back