Hamilton Girls ...Sparrow is HOME :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godmother said:
So relieved! Now she'll just need a Cheerio holder, appointed face washer, etc

*raises hand*

Until she sorts something out for herself. LOL

Well we are home, and I am in shock at how well she is doing! She had a little pink sock on for protection for the incision initially.

oct22Sparrowwithsockon.jpg

But Wren especially didn't like it on her and I removed it, and now everyone's like "ho-hum she's back" and left her to run on the floor.

Ohh thank you for taking that off!!

oct22Sparrowohhthankyou.jpg

Then off she goes...

oct22Sparrow.jpg

oct22Sparrow8.jpg

oct22Sparrow7.jpg

Better pic of the incision

oct22Sparrow6.jpg

and runs out of the frame

oct22Sparrow5.jpg

To the wheel I had out for Abby (she ignored it for the floor
giggle.gif
)

oct22Sparrow4.jpg

oct22Sparrow3.jpg

oct22Sparrow2.jpg

I had dropped oxbow into the baby cereal/lab block dust and she REALLY wanted those...she's trying to figure out how to eat one-handed and she's bright enough I bet she figures out a way.
thumbsup.gif

oct22Sparroweating.jpg

Time to groom

oct22Sparrowonehandedscrub.jpg

oct22Sparrowgrooming.jpg

And after this my batteries died (stupid new charger!), but she's climbing everywhere and is on the floor right now in the other room...so much for "recupteration" I even got cuddles, licks and boggles before she went on her way again.
beatingheart.gif

and more pics in the new cage...she went to the top, checked everything out but she is hanging in the base mostly.

oct22Sparrowincage3.jpg

oct22Sparrowincage.jpg

Should I sleep here? She was sleeping in the Mewsprint, so I pulled her out, gave her metacam and put a hammock underneath her.

oct22Sparrowincage2.jpg

But I just went back and found her lounging even more comfortably. :mrgreen:

oct22Sparrowincage4.jpg

I cant wait for a video on how she is walking around. And eating.....and anything else she does LOL

hopefloats said:
I cant wait for a video on how she is walking around. And eating.....and anything else she does LOL

Stupid batteries need to re-charge...again. And so do I. I needed to SEE my girl to make sure I had done the right thing...I feel so much better now :)

You know you did. She will adapt, if all else fails you can make a peg-leg out of past for her, when she gets hungry she can eat it :)

I am glad she is home, we will be waiting for the videos this week. I am so ready to smile. It makes me so happy she had it removed. LOL not sure why

:holysheep: she looks fantastic! this little lady had surgery the day before yesterday? omgoodness she's a tough one, eh?

there's no doubt you did the right thing, that's one happy I-don't-miss-that-leg-at-all girl!

I hope you can rest well tonight! :cuddle:

We could all learn from rats and how well they adapt. I remember when we got Sven done. He was also almost 24 months old when he had his back leg removed. We brought him home a few hours after surgery and the bugger was trying to climb the cage bars.
Sparrow is so awesome!

I found her this morning sleeping with everyone in the top part of the pop-up tent. She didn't want to come out she was soo cozy, but she came out for breakfast. :)

oct23Sparrow.jpg

oct23Sparrow2.jpg

and some pics of the other characters in the cage...

Absinthe (Abby) was VERY happy to have her wheel back

oct22Abbyonherwheel.jpg

and I think she likes the new cage. These poor ladies always got along so well I could put them in not-as-nice cages...so this is their first luxury cage LOL

I think they like it :D
oct22SparrowandAbby.jpg

I will be watching Abby closely though, as she is head bumping and being anti-social with her cagemates. :undecided:

Then there's alpha Wren, the vicious biter baby I took in ages ago LOL

oct22Wren.jpg

oct22Wren2.jpg

"nomnomnom tasty hand!" :roll:

oct22Wren3.jpg

and finally Sparrows lumpy sister Linnet.

oct23Linnet2.jpg

Best expressions ever :giggle:

oct23Linnet.jpg

I am very happy today :dance:

If I could convince my batteries to hold even a 12 hour charge I would show you her climbing "impossible" places and jumping down. :shock This happened after the batteries died. :gaah: I have seen her wobble twice and not once has she fallen over. :thumbup:

This is all I have for my photographic contribution tonight...

oct23Sparroweve4.jpg

oct23Sparroweve2.jpg

oct23Sparroweve3.jpg

oct23Sparroweve.jpg

Back