Hamilton Girls ...Sparrow is HOME :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Linnet and Sparrow are 2 of my feisty Bratgirls...all 4 of the Brat girls hail at different times from Hamilton. Linnet and Sparrow are sisters to Remy who is with Crumbilina, Jeremy and Malcolm who live with my brother are their family as well. The boys don't seem to be having any issues at all.

My girls are finally, finally starting to slow down and become a little cuddly. Unfortunately Linnet my nakie popped up 2 tumours, but they were relatively slow-growing so I was going to have Dr. Munn remove them next month and spay her since I already have 2 removals planned for this month. Then Linnet started popping up more...you can only see 2 as the others are small and her pink skin and the flash hides any outlines but you can feel them under your fingers...sigh.

oct17Linnet.jpg

Last week while I was giving her sister Sparrow a feel over for tumours (I run my hands, over their body quickly, feel their armpits, their sides and inside their legs...nothing as usual. Then I put her down and saw that her left front arm looked "thicker" like she had injured it, so I gently felt her arm over and found it. This bastid is attached to the arm itself, like a hard layer of tissue running from under her arm to her wrist...it was easy to miss at first because it literally felt like the back of her arm...

Tonight its more than doubled it's size...its rounding out into a ball and she's having to hold her arm out funny and a little limp in the paw, so something is going on. In my experience it doesn't feel remotely removable unless you removed her leg, but I think its moving up into her shoulder muscle as well. Its horrible. I hate it. :swear:

Her good side

oct17Sparrowgoodside.jpg

Her bad side

oct17Sparrowbadside.jpg

oct17Sparrowfromfront.jpg

oct17Sparrowside.jpg

She often rests the whole arm down now

oct17Sparrow.jpg

and she's holding teh paw funny, you can see the thickening on her arm a little

oct17Sparrowsarms.jpg

As I was signing in Dexter, and authorizing euthanasias for Loki and Xanthe, I told Kirsti (Vet Assistant/Clinic Manager and Dr. Munn's wife) how upset I was over Sparrow, and she told me to bring her in for Dr Munn to look at. I said I think the leg would have to come off and she's 23 months old. She responded with "Sam has been doing some amazing surgeries lately, bring her in and we'll see". So I am dropping Sparrow off for an evaluation tomorrow, and if they okay the surgery, and allow it to go onto account, where I can pay it off bit by bit over the next month, then we will go for it. But now its another anxious day and another long day ahead of me... :gaah:

Today is the day for Sparrow to get the "yay or nay" on a possible removal. I am nervous and very tired.

I took a really short video of her last night. As you can see this girl lives to run. :giggle: Also in the very beginning of the video you see how she uses her forearm to walk on... :sad3:

Good luck sweet Sparrow.
A couple of things I want to mention.
1.A while back, Isabelle had a funny tumour attached to her elbow. My vet thought mammary or cancer. But I decided to watch it, put her on Baytril and warm compresses. Finally it popped and this funny stuff came out, elastic kind of hard pussy stuff. It got emptied out and it cleared right up.
2. Jake, my SPCA beige boy has this "condition" where he gets a lump on his wrist. He has a hard time using the paw and he looks generally in pain when he gets it. I feared cancer since it's right on the wrist, but I still did Baytril. It goes away after a couple of week of Baytril. But it comes back every couple of months. Weird.

lilspaz68 said:
For Jake I am going to mail you some metro and lets see if we can make that internal infection go away forever.

Interesting about Isabella. I am going to hope!
I got metro here! Never thought of using it but will give it a try next time he has a flare up. :thumbup:

In a way its interesting but everything I observed was true. I should trust my instincts and observations more.

Sparrow's leg will be removed tomorrow after the clinic closes at 1:00. Dr Munn got someone to stay and help him afterwards. If she survives the surgery, then I will be picking up her and Absinthe on Monday night.

Back