hair "loss"

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to treat them both with the revolution. They were both fine when they were on my lap but as soon as I got the syringe to the back of their neck, they wouldn’t sit still, I assume that it is from the smell because it was a really strong scent even to me. I have them separated from one another while they are out so that they don’t groom one another. They are both out, I am just sitting between them. They can still see each other though. They really just want to be right next to one another. They are just enjoying climbing on me in the meantime. They will be reunited soon, don’t worry.

Time flies but it has been around 2 hours since I treated them. The revolution has dried up on their fur and the smell still remains. From what I was told, it is okay to put them back into the cage now without any further precautions (wiping off of remaining medication) so please don’t get mad as this is what I have been told I could do. I hope that it is not life threatening if they groom themselves or one another now.

It is night time here so I will be putting them back in their cage now, I will check the spot where I put the revolution tomorrow and keep an eye on them for the two weeks until I can check to se did the treatment worked. Thank you all for your help.

Even if they groom it off of each other, enough of it should be in their system to do the work it needs to. It may still be greasy in the spot where it was applied. Don't worry. It won't harm them. If they ingest it, that little bit won't harm them either. It's absorbed into their skin, and spread through their bloodstream, and works that way. They all eventually clean it off themselves one way or another. So don't worry. They should get relief really soon! :)

You did just fine. Revolution is incredibly safe to use, you could dump a whole tube on a rat by mistake and they would be fine. :) Dose and forget is my motto. :) I had to dose 100 rats in their carriers a long time ago during a rescue transport. Pull up over-estimsted dose, dose rat, close carrier, do next. No waiting, distracting etc. It worked out just fine for all of them.

Back