Gregory's tumors. 9/3/11 RIP little man.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Gregory... I'm sorry for you guys. I believe Gregory is your heart rat, DadRat? :hugs: Never easy to lose one, even worse to have to make the decision of letting them go, eventhough it is obviously the only humane thing to do... but when it's you heart rat, it's crushing. I know. Good luck for the coming days... who knows, maybe he still got a miracle left into him? :praying:

Unepuce said:
Poor Gregory... I'm sorry for you guys. I believe Gregory is your heart rat, DadRat?

Not really. Some rats are "people rats", others are "rat rats". Greg is a "Quilt rat", meaing the only thing he ever really has liked was his cagemate that we lost this winter.

He has always been a twitchy little ball of anxiety, and more often than not quite the little bastard. But he is still MY little twitchy anxious bastard.

He deserves the rest that is coming, his life has been a hard one.

Unepuce said:
Oh... I mistaken him with the rat that would run into your shirt after bathing... sorry...

Heh, no worries. That was Dominic. And always entertaining. "Dad! Dad! Momma tried to drown me heeeeeeeeelp! Wow, you're warm. BestDadEver...zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Made appointment for Greg to be PTS this Saturday- 9/3/11. We'll move it up if we have to, but that is the first we can make it without having to take off work to get there. We've now got him on the max dosage of Ibuprofen we can give him every 4-6 hours for pain management. He's fine when it is in his system, but if it gets late he shows pain signs. Poor little boy is fighting it hard. If it gets too bad before Saturday we'll be making an emergency run.

Appetite and drinking are decreasing as well. It's time. Gorramit.

I am so sorry. Caring for a palliative rat can be so hard, you double and tripleguess yourself, and try your best, but you know there's no happy outcome in the end, which makes it harder. Gregory was quite the warrior, and I am sorry his cystic masses beat him... ((hugs))

:sad3: :hugs:

Hope you won't need to shorten the already short time you still have left with him. Be strong Gregory, you'll be free by the Bridge soon...

Greg celebrated his 33th* Monthday with us yesterday with some cuddles and accepting of petting...which is very unlike him. Grumpy old boy and all.
Tomorrow is the day. He is still bright eyed, eating his lab block, and (amazingly) able to climb his ramp to a shelf...but it looks like his tumors are about to invade his...most of him. Lots of fight left, but he look so tired most of the time.

Tonight: cuddles and a banana for the old boy!

*give or take

Back