Good movies you've seen lately

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the Bourne identity yesterday. Great film!! Its fast, interesting and just GREAT. and he spoke a few Dutch words. And it was all correct. :shock: :bunnydance: (Mostly its another language and they say its Dutch LOL or just mambling something... I saw a film few month ago (forgot wich film sorry :oops: ), they spoke German and they pretended it was Swedish! :gaah: I hate that. :gaah: )

meep said:
I saw the Bourne identity yesterday. Great film!! Its fast, interesting and just GREAT. and he spoke a few Dutch words. And it was all correct. :shock: :bunnydance: (Mostly its another language and they say its Dutch LOL or just mambling something... I saw a film few month ago (forgot wich film sorry :oops: ), they spoke German and they pretended it was Swedish! :gaah: I hate that. :gaah: )

I loved that movie too and I was wondering if they were really saying the right words too. Good to know they were right on. :)

[spoiler:38cixcgg]If he hadn't been sooo determined to kill everyone and had waited just one more minuite he would of realised that was his wife. I sorta felt he got what he deserved, and can't help wondering if that lil kid would be the next demon barbar :p Great furnace scene, very creepy.[/spoiler:38cixcgg]

I saw Sweeny Todd last week and couldn't stop thinking about it the next day. Really creepy but so well done! I think the whole cast was great!

And for a completly different genre, I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks the other day. It was adorable, I grew up watching that show and loved how they kept the chipmunk characters and personalities the same. :D

[youtube:38cixcgg]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IH8md97xNZ8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IH8md97xNZ8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube:38cixcgg]

We saw Ironman and it was really good. And Wayne who is a marvel buff really liked it which was good.

I keep hearing about that!!!

You know what I finally saw and thought was HILARIOUS? Juno! I really enjoyed it. I'm usually a fan of any movie where the main character is pregnant anyway, though... "Knocked Up", "Where the Heart Is", "Fools Rush In"... The list goes on. Yes, I am a bit of a freak. :p

I haven't seen anything too great lately, I watched the Golden Compass and was extremely disappointed. I also watched Jumper and was even more disappointed. I read the books already, and the movies are just no comparison. I wish film makers would follow the original storyline and events :?

On another note, I'll be seeing Iron Man next week, m boyfriend is unfortunately sick right now, so once he's better we'll be seeing it. :thumbup: I usually like the comic-based movies, so I'm hoping I'll like it!

if anyone wants any movie recomendations..go rent wall-e... its soooo cute. omg.
and for those of you who like a good slasher movie.. go see my bloody valentine at the theater.. its in 3-d... so neat lol..
we also saw mall cop last night. man was that ever funny. had me in stitches..lol :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Ang, I just saw My Bloody Valentine Friday night. NOT in 3d!! It was meh because you could tell which parts were MEANT to be in 3d, LMAO!! But my thoughts on it were, it was actually pretty good... If they'd made it so it wasn't meant to be in 3d, cut out some of the gratuitous gore, and got some better actors, it'd be a friggin' GREAT movie. The end had me REALLY guessing, and second guessing! I liked it. What threw me (like not in a bad way, or a good way, LOL) was when that chick (Irene?) was running around, naked! Just la dee da, naked. I don't think I've ever seen that done in a movie, for so long. It was an interesting choice.

We also watched 7 Pounds tonight... I totally cried. It was heartbreaking... But predictable and a bit slow. Although it does have you sitting through it guessing what the heck is going on and why. So the slowness you don't really realize, and then the climax I think is totally worth the wait. Rosario Dawson is now much higher up on my Girl Crush list, LOL! She was amazing!

I loved The Dark Knight! Poor little Heathy...I'll miss him!!!

I just saw Gran Torino, it was a pretty good movie...and I didn't even really want to see it, my mom was going so I went with her.

LOVE:
27 Dresses
PS I Love You
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
This list could go on for hours, I am obsessed with movies...I kinda collect them :giggle:

Recently I rented Death Race, loved it... sometimes you need a movie to just sit back and watch and not have to think.
I also loved Eagle Eye.

i recently watched Marley and Me in the theaters, and it made me cry a lot at the end :cry3: I liked it a lot though, just be sure to have a couple tissue boxes on hand when watching.

Bronwyn said:
That is one movie I refuse to watch!
lol Bron i almost was going to DIE if you brought up that I remind you of Juno in response to Caits post about that movie....
i was like oh NO she didnt!

and you didnt lol...

I really enjoyed Juno though, but i may still try to sue them for stealing my personality.... and emulating my awesome amazing taste in music....
i saw that movie because people told me i was like her. then i watched it. and agreed. and almost died when she said how much she liked the Stooges...

jorats said:
Recently I rented Death Race, loved it... sometimes you need a movie to just sit back and watch and not have to think.
I also loved Eagle Eye.
I loved Death Race as well! So many wicked deaths!

*almost hyperventilates*

EVERYONE GO SEE "THE UNINVITED".

It. Was. AMAZING.

I love Elizabeth Banks. I really, really, REALLY do. This was such a freaking awesome movie!!!!!!!!! Be warned it's more of a psychological thriller than an actual horror movie, although it has it's moments. I LOVED IT. You walk out going "O. MY. EFFING. LAWD." I won't say anything about the plot or whatever, because the smallest slip could ruin the movie. I wouldn't read any reviews or anything before going to see it. It was totally worth only having a vague understanding of the plot going into it, seriously.

I usually am not a fan of Asian flick remakes... Hated The Grudge (1&2), The Eye, Shutter... Once in a while they get the remake/American-ized version right, and they really did with this one. The original was the highest grossing Korean horror film to date! I wish there had been a little more hype for the remake; I can feel this movie going under the radar because of that. But man, it was awesome.

Back