Good movies you've seen lately

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we watched Inherit the Wind in my crime and film class. I love that class lol all we do is watch crime movies and then talk about them. anyways it's an awesome movie! It's old and in black in white but I love those types of movies lol It's based on a actual case from 1925 of a teacher that was arrested for teaching about evolution in this town that had a law that you couldn't teach anything that was against god. So it was the big debate of creationism vs evolution. Was intense! Loved it!

I saw Dan in Real Life recently, too, Jo! I loved it. Steve Carell is like my hero, him and the rest of Judd Apatow's gang.

KristyR said:
I was sick today, and no Rat Shack for most of the day, so I watched several movies.

Tideland - wow, that was one seriously messed-up movie! But I liked it.

The Skeleton Key - loved it

Sweeney Todd - totally loved it. It was freakin' awesome!

Brick - was ok

I thought I watched one other, but I can't think of it right now.

We could start a spoilers thread about Sweeney Todd. It's a great movie!

New spoiler tags are available for spoiler threads! :D

This is how they work:

[spoiler:4n0c5l4o]This text is hidden until you click the box[/spoiler:4n0c5l4o]

To use the spoiler option, use the Spoiler bbcode button or do this...

Code:
[spoiler]Put the text you want to hide between these tags[/spoiler]

[spoiler:d4e088gr]I totally agree, Jack. What a great character, and Johnny was incredible playing him. No matter what he did, I couldn't help rooting for him, hurting for him.[/spoiler:d4e088gr]

[spoiler:9qjmfsby]Johnny wanted to show a man who is suffering and he greatly succeeded. All of Sweeney's emotions are in his eyes. Poor man killled his wife without knowing who she was and he almost killed his daughter too. Judge Turpin is the real monster in that story. I think Rickman was great playing it.[/spoiler:9qjmfsby]

[spoiler:36a891es]Alan Rickman is always great as the bad guy! Yeah, when Sweeney saw that he had killed his wife, I got such chills...almost cried for him.[/spoiler:36a891es]

I'm trying hard not to click the 'show' button next to spoilers.. I just bought Sweeney Todd yesterday but haven't seen it yet. Will be watching it tonight!

Woohoo!!!! I just received my copy of the double DVD of Sweeney Todd! I orderet it online and saved about 40% because I pre-ordered it. I was not expecting it before April 30 but it arrived today.

I don't think they are selling the collectors edition double DVD in Ottawa so I am happy that I bought it on line.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I watched Walk Hard: the Dewey Cox story :D It was kinda funny, a bit confusing (i didn't get all the references) and abit graphic, lots of boobs, pseudo sex and a male member of micro proportions but ok in all :) although I did get a kick of dewey's father continually repeating 'the wrong kid died' even 40 years after the fact and at the oddest times :D

I want to see that! It seems like my kind of movie. :p Kinda goofy. But... Judd Apatow... So I have to see it. :p That's a growing list, it seems like, of Judd Apatow movies out that I still have to see.

I loved it! Awesome movie, it made me want to sing along! (which in my case says a lot! lol!) I got the collectors edition too, I'm going to spend some time later browsing the features :D

What I watched was a rented copy from Netflix, but I loved it so much that I'm definitely planning on buying it. There's not many movies that I buy that I have already seen, but this is a must have for me. Hmm... come to think of it, most of them that I do end up buying are musicals.

Back