Free Biting feeder - can Anyone pick him/her up for me?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres some pics. So from what the woman told me this rat was actually a pet. She bit her previous owner and the owner gave her away for food. Now the woman that posted the ad said her snake wont eat it, so she's done a lot of traveling.

She must be depressed and scared for being around 7 months and not having any rat communication..
One good thing is since she was a single pet and never put with other rats for a few months she shouldn't be pregnant.

Waiting for her hotel suite to be set up lol
fjp4jb.jpg

2ngwphz.jpg

and why I think shes a girl..I'm not sure if she's a little yellow naturally of if she was in bad conditions.

2djwg88.jpg

Ohh poor poor girly!!!...one nip or misunderstood bite and she's taken from her home and tossed at a snake :( People suck.

She looks so much like my beloved Bronwen, I bet there's a sweet rat girl under that scared and unsure and possibly nippy exterior.

I cannot wait to meet her :heart:

Awesome job guys! I can't wait to see the updates thread about her. I'm sure once she's shown love and positive attention, she'll be a fabulous lady-rat!

A beautiful little girl :)
Bet that once she feels safe she will be very sweet and loving despite the abuse she has been through
This does my heart so much good.
Thank you to everyone involved in saving her.

I stayed up pretty late with her lastnight giving her treats and trying to make her feel a little more safe. She is a very sweet rat, she did nip me quite a few times but not hard enough to draw blood. She seems to not mind me unless i try to pick her up. I can tell she'll be a great girl when shes finally settled in and comfortable. Lilspaz will be getting her today. :)

I stayed up pretty late with her lastnight giving her treats and trying to make her feel a little more safe. She is a very sweet rat, she did nip me quite a few times but not hard enough to draw blood. She seems to not mind me unless i try to pick her up. I can tell she'll be a great girl when shes finally settled in and comfortable. Lilspaz will be getting her today. :)

Good to hear!

Well first thing to report is that she is not quite a PEW, as she has the smallest brown smudge on her nose, so she is technically a himi but I am going to call her my wannabe himi as she really looks PEW. LOL

Secondly, it seems the owner gave her up for her biting, and then she was with the snake and his owner for a week, and bit the snake as well, prompting the ad. The snakeowner said to Minnieflower that he had NO idea why she was taking her as she was going to get bitten LOL

When Minnie showed up and I pulled out the newly named Bria (she reminded me of my beloved Bronwen so she got a "b" name), she was very nervous of handling, but I just kept reassuring her, kissing her, and talking to her. At first I had to hold her with more restraint as Minnie and I had met outside in this lovely park and I didn't want to lose her. Finally she stopped stressing and her body language relaxed, and her nose went into the air and she started calmly smelling all the delightful smells in the park. She was cuddled down in my arms, loving the stroking...just a sweet sweet girl.

We are home now and ALL she wants to do is explore. She went from my lap, to the desk, to the bed, and is now running on the floor, but is easy to pick up. The only issue right now is she's a bit puffy and is rubbing on everything...sigh :roll: Introductions later on could be *interesting* as she's been a lone rat all her life.

She's beautiful, but she does stink of urine...

Aug2414Bria5.jpg~original

Aug2414Bria4.jpg~original

Aug2414Bria.jpg~original

and very much a girl :p

Aug2414Bria3.jpg~original

Aug2414Bria2.jpg~original

Back