FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can finally use the full FN, not divided. It's bittersweet.

0dd99e9e.jpg

0de40302.jpg

d3f2186d.jpg

Dean likes his new brothers, but he doesn't like sharing his block :)

Last month I managed to get my claws on a single FN for 80 bucks :D so I was pretty happy. And now I've finally taken the time to take some proper pictures!
alicecage4.jpg

I see you!
alicecage3.jpg

It's the Jingle Ball!
alicecage2.jpg

alicecage.jpg

Got my hands on a double FN! I'm only using the top part for my 2 boys now seeing as otherwise its a bit overkill with space :laugh4:

Its a bit bare as most of my hammocks, tunnels etc. are in the wash right now but at least its not empty!

ratsjune2011FN009.jpg

ratsjune2011FN017.jpg

The thing you see on the side is only temporary until i can make a proper one.

KGautreau said:
Got my hands on a double FN! I'm only using the top part for my 2 boys now seeing as otherwise its a bit overkill with space :laugh4:

Its a bit bare as most of my hammocks, tunnels etc. are in the wash right now but at least its not empty!

ratsjune2011FN009.jpg

ratsjune2011FN017.jpg

The thing you see on the side is only temporary until i can make a proper one.

2 boys? What happened? I thought you had 3 from Belle's Litter :(

I posted an update on that a while back, one of them passed away and more recently Toki (the brown hooded) is over at a friends house and he black hooded came to my place, which is why i only have 2 black hooded in there. We didn't find what was wrong with the siamese boy he suddenly passed away, one night he was fine and in the morning when we checked on them he was gone.

Here's my current FN setup after the last cage cleaning:

IMG_1574.jpg

Still using the Playhouse I ordered from Melissa (The Rat Stash) a million years ago: (My rats & I still love it, too!)
IMG_1584.jpg

Well, I spent all day sewing up some new liners for the girls cage! I love the fabric, I think it's adorable, and totally brightens things up. Though unfortunately I seem to be out of empty tissue boxes.. Alice is incredibly upset with me. I better get some new ones soon :p
GEDC0363.jpg

Harlow says "MA, quit flashing that thing at me, and where are my treats?!"
GEDC0367.jpg

Alice and Dorian: "Did you say treats?"
GEDC0384.jpg

All squeaky clean!! All new cage setup! <3 Moved all kinds of stuff around and pulled stuff out of the back of the shelf or whatnot
Plus brand new liners. Got this print for 3.88 a yard! WOop WOop
DSCN6230.jpg

Top!
DSCN6227.jpg

Bottom
DSCN6229.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
We also only take our pics just after cleaning. :lol2:

Hordeatrest-1.jpg

Then there's the things they shouldn't do...

Hordeonacoldmorning.jpg

latestwaterbottlevictim.jpg

Hordedoesdamage.jpg
:gaah:

do you with the fleece on the bottom of the cage just wrap it underneath the plastic finers? if you know what i mean!

jorats said:
moon said:
I've been meaning to ask you, Jo... if you've got all those FNs now, what did you do with your Martins?

I'm going to have to get some tips for attaching wire stuff for when I *hopefully* get all the girls successfully intro'd. The giant bar spacing is fine for my older girls, but I can see the young ones wanting out out out!

mamarat couldn't stop taking in rescues, so I *had* to buy my FNs so I could give her my martins. :poop: :laugh2:

what are Martin cages?

tomandjerry said:
jorats said:
moon said:
I've been meaning to ask you, Jo... if you've got all those FNs now, what did you do with your Martins?

I'm going to have to get some tips for attaching wire stuff for when I *hopefully* get all the girls successfully intro'd. The giant bar spacing is fine for my older girls, but I can see the young ones wanting out out out!

mamarat couldn't stop taking in rescues, so I *had* to buy my FNs so I could give her my martins. :poop: :laugh2:

what are Martin cages?

They were the best rat cages available (and are still very good) before FNs and CNs. I think it's the R680, R685, R695, and R695 that are good for rats when powder coated. http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/rat/

Well here's the current set up! I started intro's with the girls and Aurora on monday, and since all of the play times have been pretty uneventful (thankfully.) I moved them all in together thismorning, since I have the next three days off to observe them and make sure all goes well. So far, things are great! And this is the squeaky-clean cage

GEDC0003.jpg

GEDC0002.jpg

GEDC0009.jpg

KatTheHippie said:
Well here's the current set up! I started intro's with the girls and Aurora on monday, and since all of the play times have been pretty uneventful (thankfully.) I moved them all in together thismorning, since I have the next three days off to observe them and make sure all goes well. So far, things are great! And this is the squeaky-clean cage

GEDC0003.jpg

GEDC0002.jpg

GEDC0009.jpg

Awesome set up! I love it! It must be nice being able to have all your girls together now.

Altered upper level with an additional shelf for oldie Minx (who opted to instead sleep on the bed that night) :roll:
6650267745_593b572c21_z.jpg

6650268511_c3fb369a44_z.jpg

Squeaky Clean:
6650269139_24887c6494_z.jpg

Bug demonstrates the "proper" way to use cage liners :emb:
6650269789_72be784e5e_z.jpg

@ hopefloats: I'd say. Do they not chew their way through the cardboard separating the cages? Mine would chew through that in seconds just to stick their noses at the neighbors next door.

Back