Flip Flops Update April26

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen a rat like this before, and you've found four. Wonder if maybe there's some relation somewhere in their family history?

Never seen a rat like this before, and you've found four. Wonder if maybe there's some relation somewhere in their family history?
I don't think so, two are from Sudbury and the other two from Ottawa, almost 500 kms apart. (300 m)

But oddly enough, the babies were born on Dec 31st and the older boys were born a year earlier, on Jan 2nd.

I have no idea... and so weird to find two and then two more exactly the same. Yours aren't like that right?

The muscle tone on my babies are fine. Their balance is fine.You can tell with my babies that it is more bone related versus nerves/muscles These guys remind me someone with cerebral palsy. My babies have a type of scoliosis of the spine so their bodies and movements work perfectly fine together but their bodies dont work right just deformed i guess. With these babies you can see their body shapes are fine but their muscles/coordination seem out of whack. Their movements could be fine, but their muscle or the part that sends the waves to move is jittery. they shake like with cerebral palsy.

The first thing that popped into my head was a problem with the inner ear. It looks like they have no sense of balance, like the world is just moving all over the place for them.

How great that two more needy children have found their way into your home!
I can't wait to see the intro video!!!

Update!!
Jana and Jaxon are living comfortably with James and Jessie and Jacy. Jacy and James were both neutered, James because he's simply too bossy and Jacy, well because he is crazy in your face. lol He was too hyper and that really bothered the flip flops. Jacy has come down a notch but not much. Such a happy boy with his flip flops.

Here's a short video I took today:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkzRUpc-JdU[/ame]

And pictures of the happy little colony.

The three male flip flops
3BoyFlips1000_zps6f312db6.jpg

Jana

Jana1000_zps5d1da5fb.jpg

Jaxon

Jaxon1000_zps8cec67d9.jpg

Jana
Jana21000_zpsa04ac845.jpg

Jaxon and Jana

JaxonJana21000_zps411627a3.jpg

Cute little Jaxon

Jaxon21000_zps5af999fd.jpg

Jacy

Jacy1000_zpsb07f2d6a.jpg

They look like they rely heavily on tubes, bags, tunnels and houses to travel across the room. They are very agile and can really thrust forward. Amazing animals!

They look like they rely heavily on tubes, bags, tunnels and houses to travel across the room. They are very agile and can really thrust forward. Amazing animals!

When we would put the roly poly bubs on the floor they couldnt walk at all. However if they had a mat on the floor they could. Those moving blankets like I use in my cage are machine washable and you can cut it to size. I would probably help with them having something under the goodies.

Also they are thick and sturdy so they stay put when they move on them unlike fleece type blankets but they also hold the fleecy stuff on the ground pretty good to allow them better footing. Sleepy so it takes me two posts tonight LOL

Back