Flip Flops Update April26

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome. So glad they found a buddy! I just love James toothy grin. He is the cutest thing ever.... Jesse is cute as well but that grin just makes me smile every time I see him..

lilspaz68 said:
Oh such a happy ending for all 3 of them!! :heart: Those boys look wonderful now...relaxed, bright, alert and probably very very grateful. I am sure Anna is grateful to have these young men to care for. :dance:
Anna was very depressed after losing Vincent. But she's happy and eating again.

KissesKissesKisses to Anna! and love to the boys! Have you tried playing mellow music for them? (I know I keep reaching but what else are you gonna do when you don't know what to grab onto?)

I was gonna ask who had the charming toothy grin but hopefloats answered that!

mamarat said:
That's actually Jesse. lol
Oh, ok, lol, that's important, I can't be the only one uncertain about who was who then. Precious boys both of them!
Aug '04 I got 4 baby boys from 2 different homes in Vancouver, and 1 baby boy related to 2 of mine went to another home in Victoria. They didn't keep him because he made funny movements and they were (fairly) worried it might be contagious to their boy, so I took him - My Basil. I was at a loss but on the ratsite I hung out at (was yours in existence then Jo or was it a previous one we were at?) I was able to describe & ask & compare, never a certainty but most logical thing watching him and hearing other stories was oxygen deprivation at birth. But I got lots of ideas and suggestions from people and right or wrong they all helped me at least, knowing my kid was cared about and I wasn't alone in what was or what might come.
Jesse & James remind me of that. Everybody really wants to help them & there parents, if you don't have an answer offer a suggestion. No matter what that's hearts & hopes for the kids. And that never hurts.
I sure hope it's something like Basil had who lived to a good age - and just made him my Special Baby all his life. Love & hopes for Jesse & James.

I don't think it's cerebral palsy. For three litter mates to have it is makes it doubtful for me. Whatever it is is caused by an issue during pregnancy. I looked it up and CP can be caused by that too but I don't think it fits.

jorats said:
Fidget, I totally remember Basil! You were so worried about him, but he ended just fine. I believe we were on Pets Rat Canada back in '04
Thanks jorats for remembering him :heart: . Could it be just something like he had with Jesse and James and they will be fine just as he was? I'm SO hoping for that!

The boys are doing great. But we did notice a slight worsening in their walk so mamarat thought back as to why they were stronger in the smaller cage than in the big cage... and it's the tube! they walk along much better going through the tube. It keeps them upright and strengthens their muscles. So our wonderful Nickelrat created a long tube to make the length of their cage. The boys are getting around quite well now!

Flip1_zps28c6abb7.jpg

I wish EVERY kid of every type could be as loved for who they are and their needs taken care of like these kids are.

Jesse and James are doing pretty good. They were at the vets for a check up and my mom wanted to discuss hydrotherapy with her. My vet believes in this case, it would be more harmful with the stress of it than good. She is certain it's neurological and this would do much good other than massage the muscles. She also so the "seizure" which can actually be triggered by touching that special spot on their backs. She concluded that it's not a real seizure because the rat can stop in mid "seizure" and take a treat so it's definitely spinal related but not a real seizure. The boys are not getting worse which is good news.
I'm slacking in pictures, I know... I'll make an effort. :)

Back