Flip Flops Update April26

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Mamarat adopted two floppity boys. These boys are 10 months old and have lived in a small guinea pig cage all their lives, on pine, with a small duct taped box and whatever food they had on hand. When they were picked up it was Chex cereal. :gaah:
This is another case of wanting to breed your male because he's so awesome, he must pass on those genes right? Nope, instead he made these severely handicapped rats. 3 of them in the litter turned out like these two... never given a name either.

Mamarat named them Jessie and James.

They have a vet visit today so I'll update their what seems to be multiple issues.
But for now, some pics of the gorgeous boys and video.

DSCN2003xs_zps191e0cc4.jpg

DSCN2029xs_zpse73152ce.jpg

DSCN2017xs_zpsaee81faa.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jorats/ ... 3.mp4.html

I hope it's a nutritional deficiency that can be reversed but if they continue to degenerate with good husbandry, it could be like my rat Ralph :(

Awwww, poor little boys look pretty scared right now!
They look in good condition though, so must have been cared for half decent. Interesting how they don't seem to have any sense of balance. Do they like being held?

Oh, sweeties. I know they are going to be showered with the love they deserve in their new home. Bless mamarat for taking them. They are beautiful.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Poor babies are terrified of being handled. Vet said they're in pretty good shape and are being treated for mites. Now to teach them to love me. lol

Oh dear. It seems there's always a new sad story of thoughtless breeding... :( I hope they thrive in their new home. Imagine not even being given a name.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

mamarat said:
Now to teach them to love me. lol
You are the perfect teacher for that lesson - I can't wait to hear how they come out of their shell!
I think once they learn to trust, they will love being held!

They literally look like they have vertigo.....Vet bedding will help with having a soft stable ground to walk on. If you cannot get it there, you can have it shipped to me and I can ship it to you. I would share that with Karen Grant for sure, she helped me tons with the babies........ my babies are deformed but their motor skills are just fine, they just dont have the ability to use their feet right, these seem like they just got off of a spinning thing and cant walk straight.

Poor sweet babies....I felt so sorry for them seeing that video...Mama Rat, did the vet say why they are so wobbly and their back feet tend to splay out like that? Is it something neurological that can be fixed or treated? I have never seen rats move and stand quite like that..what is it? :(

My heart goes out to them. They are just beautiful, handsome boys, and I am so glad you have them. They are very lucky to have found you. Bless their little hearts. Keep us posted on how they do!

Can you keep taking videos? I keep thinking I see something...in the first part of the film, the more variegated guy, he looks like he's having mini-seizures? His nose is tight and pulled back and his mouth is open funny? He reminded me of a lion scenting the air. For him I see a weakness more on his left side. maybe like he had a stroke? Not sure of the other boy yet...didn't see as much of him unblocked by his beautiful brother.

They are gorgeous boys, crazy super lucky they were taken in by mamarat and morats!! They look bright and intelligent and will soon love to have their itches scratched and lovely pats and Out time, and just plain snuggles in loving human arms. :heart:

Mmm, yes, nicely said Shelagh...gives me a smile just thinking of all the love and joy they have to look forward to. iI took such a shine to them right away...they are such a beautiful pair and indeed very lucky to have found kind and loving humans. I so wish I could hold them in my arms. :cuddle:

I thought the same thing, xcat...not even being given a name. :sad3:

But, enough sad things...these boys are ready for happy times and love, right? :)

lilspaz68 said:
Can you keep taking videos? I keep thinking I see something...in the first part of the film, the more variegated guy, he looks like he's having mini-seizures? His nose is tight and pulled back and his mouth is open funny?

It was his mouth that I noticed as well. Poor boys. :( I am so glad they are with you now mamarat.

Back