Flip Flops Update April26

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try and get more videos. These boys don't have good motion but I think a big part of that is the fact they never moved at all. The lady said they just huddled in the corner. They would eat and pee in the same spot never moving. They did learn to prop themselves up to reach the water bottle. I can get vet bed here from amazon. I'll look into that.

lilspaz68 said:
Can you keep taking videos? I keep thinking I see something...in the first part of the film, the more variegated guy, he looks like he's having mini-seizures? His nose is tight and pulled back and his mouth is open funny? He reminded me of a lion scenting the air. For him I see a weakness more on his left side. maybe like he had a stroke? Not sure of the other boy yet...didn't see as much of him unblocked by his beautiful brother.

They are gorgeous boys, crazy super lucky they were taken in by mamarat and morats!! They look bright and intelligent and will soon love to have their itches scratched and lovely pats and Out time, and just plain snuggles in loving human arms. :heart:

They reminded me of complex partial seizures. People do that without losing consciousness.

Such beautiful sweet boys. I hope they dont have any serious health issues, hopefully he's just a shy scared little guy pulling funny pooping himself faces.
I look foward to seeing their progress now that their with mamarat getting the care, love and affection they deserve.

They look healthy from the pics and videos. I know I didnt think my babies would live long, soon to be 1 year old. I think these two will surprise us. I wonder if water therapy would help? I know I seen some dogs with conditions (it was a puppy that laid spread eagle almost) like this and water therapy helped them..........

Yeah, my heart just went out to them when I saw that video. If they were close by and needed a home, they would sure have one with me and Marc, in a heartbeat. I am so glad Mamarat has them. They are very lucky boys who deserve all the best. :heart:

Poor babies. :( I would like to see more videos of them as well. They're interesting, but I wish they didn't have any issues at all, and I hope it's something that can be fixed at least a little.
So glad you have them, mamarat. :) They're very handsome.

I think he has hydro. I'll email you a bit of a history. I haven't documented it well, in part because I didn't realize that there was something wrong with him until about a year ago, but his mannerisms are/were distinctive. He turned 2 on Sunday and he's no longer able to stand or walk anymore but he manages pretty well with some help from us.

I hope so too NinjaRat...I feel so bad for them. :sad3:

So happy they are safe and in a happy home now. :heart:

It was a short video, didn't show much, but my suggestion is glucosamine & chondroitin, not alone, looks like what they REALLY need is Vitamin B multiple!
I'd say god bless them but I think he already has.

oh, pardon, I just went back to the video and found it was longer than I saw. (my computer freeze problems). Maybe they have scurvy and need vitamin C?

oops - my faux pas about that then Victoria! Narrows down the possibilities of whats afflicting the kids tho which is good. I'm still thinking Vitamin B.

I think with most deficiencies that are caused from pregnancy which in turn disables the babies... it isnt something that will fix with adding more. That is what I got from when my babies were born and I did all that research...if they were born normal and then had this happen it would be different but these guys were born this way so I am thinking this is long term damage.

jorats said:
Is there a way we can know for sure if it's hydro? Anyone got good links for hydro rats?

http://ratguide.com/health/neurological ... phalus.php

the rat guide has case studies on them....which will be more accurate than a search

https://www.google.com/search?q=hydroce ... =firefox-a

genearlly the searches are from studies and I didnt find anything that was real good since they generally cull them off so no long term information is given.

their heads look normal. do the people who had them have pictures from birth?

and I an pretty sure you can see it in an xray.. the skull should be formed differently so they could see that at least...

Back