Didi and her Tumour...a Week Later :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didi is doing great...you would never guess she had such major surgery. :) I woke up at 5 am to give her metacam, abs and breakfast...she was still bright-eyed, no serious signs of discomfort. :)

Daily pics so you can watch the healing...later tonight of course :wink2:

Day 2...things always look their worst on Day 2 IMO. The movement of the rat has pulled the incision open a bit, dried and crusty, no real healing has taken place, that you can see... :?

Didisideviewday2.jpg

Dididay2jul31.jpg

Didirearedupday2jul31.jpg

She was bruxxing here :D
Shewasbruxxinghere.jpg

She got a nice big dose of metacam this evening, she was itchy and I don't want her scratching too much.

Didi is training me very well. I had her setup on the couch for the day, water, food and breakfast cereal, her javakittie Rat Sack to sleep under or in...pillows and a shirt of mine if she's lonely.

She was soo happy I was home, that after she woke up she was running around all happy and alert :)
This was an action shot!
Didi-actionshot.jpg

As you can see she is having no issues with stretching with that incision, its cooler now (its always rather warm/hot after surgery), we are turning the corner on the healing and now it should be fairly quick :)
Didi-3rdday.jpg

Now Didi can say "I have a good side"
Didi-ihaveagoodside.jpg

"and another good side"
Didi-andanothergoodside.jpg

Very proud of this little gal, all bravery and brightness :mrgreen:

Last picture July 30 is so beautiful... the peace in her face... How can any breathing thing with wounds like that be on their feet and by choice? She's practically bisected! :?
It's things like this that make me feel that a kid deserves a chance even if I think it might be too much to put them thru. They obviously still have an ability to access or use natural painkillers (endorphins or whatever) that we've lost ability to call on (maybe thru generations of taking painkillers). I'm not saying they don't hurt - god they must hurt! But I'd be in bed moaning, and a kid will be out doing all they can and still popcorning off to a private space if you give them a chocolate chip.
In humans men can wear scars like medals, women can't. Didi could be a postergirl for strength and the ability to get torn up and just heal stronger. Didi is more beautiful than she ever was before. I think she might understand that too, cause she's not human.
Didi, you are adored by someone (many I expect) who knows they are inferior to you and is way cool with that. Heal quick baby and feel good doing it!

If all goes well, no complications, her healing is going very well (which I do foresee at this point) she will be going home next Saturday morning, to be reunited with her sister and 2 new baby girls they got to keep her lonely sister company. At this point we didn't know if Didi would be returning home. I will miss my little Bed Rat :)

She runs, and leaps and climbs like crazy now...you only know about the incision when you see it...she's sooo happy to be free of that encumbrance!! :thumbsup:

This girl absolutely loves her cheeks and head rubbed...
Didiissleepyaug3.jpg

Almost a week later and the scabbing is being scratched off by her...some's a bit bloody underneath but most are healing nicely :)

She will be going home tomorrow night. Her sister got very depressed and started to eat like an unhappy person, and got chubby...she needs Didi back, and since there's been no complications and I will be sending her home with baytril, all should be just fine :)

Silly human! You have baby cereal on you...
Didi-messyhumanyougotsomecerealonyo.jpg

Closeup of incision
Didisincision-upcloseaug6.jpg

She truly adores her breakfast cereal, and she is a much healthier weight now that the tumour isn't stealing all her nutrients.
Didiaweekaftersurgeryaug6.jpg

I will miss her :sad3:

She goes home tonight. :sad3:

The scabs are coming off and its nicely healing up. I am going to miss this sweet little gal. She's getting to spend the day on the couch (her fav) and my brother will be here at 7:30 to 8:00 to pick her up and take her home *sniff*

Soo happy though!! She's a new fashionably shaved and scarred rat. :thumbup:

No time for pics this morning...late for work, again :roll:

Back