Didi and her Tumour...a Week Later :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

My brother adopted the 2 bigger PEW girls from my Oops Bronling litter, and they have done very very well. Tons of out time, never been sick, happy, sweet little girls. Sadly the friendlier one Didi developed a mammary tumour that was growing slowly awhile ago, and is now huge! I saw her this weekend, and my mom was sure that she wasn't comfortable now and asked that I take her home and get Dr Munn to humanely euthanize her when it was time. They were worried that it would get bad fast and they wouldn't be able to get her to me in time. :( So I brought little Didi home and realized she had a respiratory issue going on, not an overt one, but there nonetheless...some costal breathing, etc. So she is now on baytril and dex every 2nd day to reduce the inflammation in her lungs. She is a bright happy little thing and seems to be improving. The tumour is at the stage where it is stealing her nutrients and its a battle to stop the gradual weight loss :(

But I got some good news, :joy: I talked to my mom (offered to help, which was refused) and she and I decided that I will be taking in Didi on Saturday at 10 am to see if her tumour is operable and with her improving respiratory issues if she's a candidate at all.

Keep your fingers crossed that this sweet girl can have the surgery, comes through with flying colours and can go home to her sister :heart: :heart:

Meet the sweet brave loving little lady herself...
didi3jul22.jpg

didi4jul22.jpg

What she would look like sans tumour
didisgoodsidejul22.jpg

didijul22.jpg

didi2jul22.jpg

didi1jul22.jpg

I am hoping it works out for herself, and her dad and grandma up north. Plus I would post her pics after the surgery and her recovery so people could see it was possible to have a big tumour successfully removed. Plus I wanted to share this wonderful little girl...funnily my own Bronling girls (aptly named the Punks for their nature) are really nothing like their sisters, who are more like Bronwen, Bear and Tucker in character. :heart:

What a beautiful bright-eyed little gal. I hope your vet will have confident words for her prognosis and you soon see her looking like the 'sans tumor pic'.
(Is that an old pic or did you photoshop it? I photoshopped a tumor off my Savanna cause it killed me I couldn't do it for real). Then SARS rescue stepped in and -Miracle - it was gone for real and she was running all over again! It was a miracle I dearly hope Didi can have too!
She sure looks like she has the spunk to sail thru a makeover! :D

jennifervb said:
What a resilient little lady!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!! :love6:

If the tumor is operable, are you going to get her spayed as well?

She's 23 months old, and I only have the okay on the tumour removal. Since she's not mine, I won't have her spayed.

Good luck on Saturday - I hope it works out for Didi. My girl Sullivan had a tumour of similar size removed at the same age and recovered quite quicky. Positive thoughts and healing energy sent your way!

dl
:D

That's quite a lump... I'm surprised that it doesn't look more abrated or scratched up!

She is a sweetie pie... hopefully she gets an a-ok for surgery!!

Oh beautiful Didi! I hope that it's operable. She's so beautiful and I hope it all works out.
Did your brother end up calling about those Owen Sound babies.

Good news!!! Didi's surgery is booked for Wednesday...we are still going to try to improve her breathing by adding doxy to her baytril. I learned something new today, doxy is used to reduce inflammation in lungs, and that is why vets use it...I had never heard this before. I love learning :) Plus I learned about how a neuter surgery works...fascinating and a lot easier than I expected!
Dr Munn has promised me the doxy article and once I get it I will post it up here :D

So happy for Didi! She will be a new ratty without that tumour to drag around. And that's interesting about the Doxy, which would be safer than Pred for inflammation.

Back