Didi and her Tumour...a Week Later :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the surgery goes well for Didi. Are there no good rat vets where your mother lives?

My vet told me about doxy having an inflammatory effect. In several of my rats it's worked better than prednisolone. It's a good antibiotic to IMHO.

Dewi said:
I hope the surgery goes well for Didi. Are there no good rat vets where your mother lives?

My vet told me about doxy having an inflammatory effect. In several of my rats it's worked better than prednisolone. It's a good antibiotic to IMHO.

My mom lives outside a small rural town, where you have a lot of large animal vets and dog/cat vets who said they wouldn't see a rat.

Hmmm...Shadow's surgery is booked for this Wednesday at Dr. Munn's also. My four rat train boys are getting their check ups as well. Perhaps our paths shall cross and I'll see you there. VEry happy to hear that Didi's surgery is a go. Will be adding her to my thoughts as I worry about my boy.

dl
:D

Today's the day we will remove "the rat from the tumour" as my vet says.

I heard surgeries could be very early today, so I am praying I hear within the next hour or 2.

Poor Didi, she was totally oblivious to our Talk about this situation. :giggle:

Its been removed! :happydance:

But when a vet tech or assistant says "Its a HUGE incision!"... :crazy2:

I'll be picking her up at 6 pm tonight and will take pics every day of its healing. Maybe this will help someone else realize that it can be done for their rat. :thumbup:

Now we only have the night to get through. Is she going to be a picker or just a dozer? Am I going to have to have her on my person all night to stop her from picking, or will I have to wrap her in gauze and vet wrap to catch a few hours of sleep? :cheeky:

She looked pretty wretched when I saw her at the clinic, but as soon as I put her on Her Couch, near Her Rat Sack...she brightened up a lot.

Didi-Iamhome.jpg

It is a scary incision, as someone said "looks like she had a fight with a deli slicer and lost!"
Didi-nightofsurgeryjul30.jpg

But she was still up to exploring and was able to rear up light as a feather
Didi-Iamlightasafeatherandcanrearup.jpg

And grooming...she had her hind claw stuck in her poor itchy ear (I can only do so much) and she was grooming bits she wasn't able to get to previously...

Oh there you are again!!
Didi-Ohthereyouareagain.jpg

And time for some cuddles with Mom...
Cuddlesfrommom.jpg

Aw, she is still a very pretty girl. She's probably wondering what the heck happend to the big bump, lol.

:bow: This is wonderful!!! Isn't it the best feeling in the world to be able to give the rat a chance at life without that huge monstrous appendage? I never regretted my decision of having Vincent done. :joy:

Back