CRITTER NATION pictures!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rearranged and fit everything in! Now the question is: are they actually going to notice/care? Lol

I know everyone uses it but I have to ask- the space pod won't fall will it? The tabs don't look very sturdy :/

I know everyone uses it but I have to ask- the space pod won't fall will it? The tabs don't look very sturdy :/

That don't usually fall, but sometimes they let go. You can actually put the shower curtain hangers (metal ones) through the holes and hang them - I've done that too.

Here's an update with all their stuff fit in the cage. They have finally figured out the sputnik and they like sleeping in it better than their tube now :)
tuzudeje.jpg
tynapa6y.jpg

Love the colour theme!

As for the search on this forum, I haven't had any trouble. You can search each individual section or use the search bar at the very top for all forums. I'll move this one in the habitat section, keep it close to the others. I don't mind having a new thread started, sometimes a fresh start brings more looks. :)

We just got those green hideouts you have on your bottom shelf the boys love them and they have openings on both ends so there is an escape route if one of the boys gets trapped by a "I'm not in a be very nice mood" boy.

I redecorated. I have two hammocks, a crinkle tunnel, two igloo type things, and you can't see but on the doors and in the back there are also rope perches, a lava rock and some bird toys. I can't get them to play with anything :( other than my little girl leisurely walking on the wheel occasionally they basically sit in the space pod all day :/ any suggestions for what I could add that would get them a bit more mental stimulation ?
e9ezy5aq.jpg

I play with mine with a little feather cat toy sometimes to get their prey drive going. Some of them get pretty excited!

[emoji16] my friend had left her cat you in my car so I thought why not try it hehe I was so surprised that both my ratties loved to play with them! I need to amp up my ratties cages though I think they're a bit bored :(

Here's my set-up for the week... I cleaned yesterday and the cage is still spotless! My boys have even started peeing in their litterboxes most of the time *proud mama*.

As you can see, there aren't many activity type things in the cage at the moment.. well, my boys are fat lazy lumps and as long as they have like 10 different places to sleep, they are happy :p Plus, I'm getting 3 baby boys at the end of the month, so I have to clean and remove the scents from everything anyway for them.

I ordered a plastic tube and some chew toys off amazon that I'm still waiting for. I also want to get a silent spinner for the babies. The 12 inch giant one is the correct size for ratters right?

Also, my mother is taking me to a fabric store this afternoon and she's going to lend me her sewing machine and teach me how to use it so i can finally make not ugly hammocks and liners woohoo!

Here's the top, with a total of 6 sleeping areas for my lazy bums. The lump on the floor is a rat pile!

GLbkvOh.jpg

And the bottom half. Does anyone else use a marble tile in their cage? I read that it helps them keep cool in the summer.. at first my boys were terrified of it and wouldn't even walk on it.. now they seem to like peeing on it :p

HajLP8b.jpg

These posts were really helpful, i am considering a critter nation cage... Going to sell or trade a boat ;)
Visually awesome pictures, i love the pic effects too- totally!

Back