Christmas Secret Santa

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

For the past couple of years, some of us on this list have participated in a Secret Santa.

I has been a great way to interact with others and have fun. We will be buying presents for each other's rats.

Please PM me if you are interested and I will send you a sign up sheet. I'll need your basic information, name, address, etc. I then compile a list of those that are interested and match you up with someone that has a close number of rats to you (so if you only have 2 rats, you most likely won't have to buy for someone that has 20).

I will keep the secret santas within the same country for custom purposes. We will be spending $25-$30 (not including shipping) on the presents.

Everyone that is interested will need to have their sign up sheets back to me by December 1st so I can email everyone with the name and address of the person they are buying for.

This has worked out amazingly well in the past and is so much fun!

So, everyone sign up.

I'll consider it, but I'd rather do a hand made gift and maybe a 10 dollar store bought one, $30 is quite a lot for me. I also think that we should send the PM with stuff that we're interested in, to give people ideas.

But even with you guys (my bestest internet friends!!!!), I'm not completely comfortable giving out my address.
But it sounds like fun!!!

I'd be up for it as well. However I agree that that amount is a lot for some people- maybe make a pool of people interested in spending $10-15 and another pool interested in spending more?

Hmm... based on what other have said Im curious about $25-$30.

For example what if someone were able to spend 4$ on fleece and be able to create several hammocks / tubes / cubes / etc which would typically retail for significantly more. I dont think Id want to turn that away just because it only cost the gifter 4$ and I spent $25 on my gift :).

Prime654 said:
Hmm... based on what other have said Im curious about $25-$30.

For example what if someone were able to spend 4$ on fleece and be able to create several hammocks / tubes / cubes / etc which would typically retail for significantly more. I dont think Id want to turn that away just because it only cost the gifter 4$ and I spent $25 on my gift :).

I agree.

The homemade fleece cubes and hammocks are worth way more than your typical store bought hammock, so that should be accounted for as well. So say you buy $4 of fleece and create something that would sell for $20, then you are all set.

What if it's handmade, kind of messy, and more fragile? I don't have a sewing machine. So far all my creations have supported 3 full grown rats, and probably could support more. They just look so messy!

I think the big key with these sorts of things is not to worry so much about counting price tags and more to focus on getting something you think your santee will like.

With the issues with the mail last year, I'm not sure I'll do it again. I'm not even sure if Nic ever got my second package...

I just have to find the form that I used last time. I think it's on my sister's computer. I'm going there this afternoon, so I'll email it to myself and then send it to those that have pm'd me.

Back