Camilla's 15 babies. Day 29 pics pg 24 pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ashana said:
Poor babies. Maybe they snuck out for a little stroll and got lost :-/

Hopefully she just "lost" them and not kicked them out of the nest. Thinking of you all.

Me too!

I might have a third adopter! yay :joy:

Just looked in on her and she had everyone under her in one large group. lol They sound like when someone runs a finger down a clean window and makes that weird squeak noise lol
It's amazing how loud they are at 2 days old!

Camilla was eager to come out of the cage this morning. She literally propelled herself to the side of the cage lol So I took her out and she went to cuddle with Ang in bed so I could clean her cage and take pictures.
I couldn't find the little runt anywhere :( So Camilla definitely ate her. There was no sign of blood, bone...nothing.

So we now have 15 babies. 6 boys which are 4 light eyes and 2 dark eyes. 9 girls which are 4 light eyes and 5 dark eyes. There are also going to be some hooded. Their colours are starting to show more.

I weight Camilla and she weighs 288g! The day she gave birth she was 380g that's amazing the difference. She's been enjoying some baby food with ensure and she loves Spinach!

I saw their first yawn today! I'm so disappointed I didn't get it on video.

So here are Day 3 pictures. I think I saw some curly whiskers on some can you tell?

15 babies

Boys

Girls

Camilla learned the litter box so fast!

Gotta fix the nest

I was JUST coming to harass about pictures!!!

Sorry about the lil Runt :( poor dear :(

I loved the video "Yawn....come on....yawn...." only because....i would do the same thing....

Oh my 6 little boys are so cute. I think I do see some curly whiskers on a couple of the boys......Looks like the two dark eyed boys are hoodies?
They are all really cute.

Dahlas said:
Rattielle said:
They are so cute! :D Are they just going to be hooded and PEW? I'm sorry about Runt :( but at least the others are doing well. :)

Probably black hooded and PEW.....

its so hard to make guesses without knowing who dad is....
PEWs are essentially too many dilutions combined....so it depends on what Dad was and what he carried.... because even if he was a Black he could be heterozygous for some dilutions that mom would carry, then you could get minkies and blues and beiges....

Dad is Camillia's son from her last litter.......we don't have hardly any minks in this area. I THINK her last litter MIGHT have had a blue...as someone mentioned grey but then I have heard people call blacks dark grey......but I think most of her kids where black hoodies and PEW or very light himi.......

It will certainly be interesting to see what colors they will be....

Back