Camilla's 15 babies. Day 29 pics pg 24 pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm sorry there is no one you trust to be able to help raise such a huge litter.

SQ is correct, most of the time mums with large litters (over 12) will split the single group into 2 groups and divide her time between the 2 groups. It takes a lot out of the mums as they do not get much time to get out and about but they normally do ok with it all.

Hopefully she feeds the smaller ones.

I do not encourage breeding either, i run a rescue and have taken in so many needing homes it is hard to understand why anyone would breed. I understand that in some cases nature needs to take it's course however i am also a strong believer that once the babies arrive, if in my care, then it is my job to give them the best chance at survival.

Thank goodness for a successful delivery. I hope mom does ok with so many babies. (And she didn't really mean to bite you - just protecting the little ones...)

dubchick said:
not going to get into a fight over this, but NATURE WILL TAKE ITS COURSE!. that is all.

Understood, no fight required :thumbup:
we are all entitled to do what we feel is best with the animals in our care :nod:

thank you, i appreciate that.. my comment wasnt directed at you specifically.. just in general. we will definately do what we can for the babies , but we want to avoid stressing mom and bubs as much as possible... in the end, we truely believe that what is meant to happen will happen.

Camilla is very lucky that Ang and Lindsay took her in. It is to bad that we couldn't have gotten her for an e-spay. It is going to be VERY difficult to find homes for all these dear little babies.

All of us in rescue love and care for these little souls. Like Ashana said we all do what we feel is best for the little lives in our care. What one person feels is a humane solution to a situation might not be what someone else thinks.

The only right answer is to try our best not to allow animals to reproduce in the first place.

ok 'Mille - NO TALKING TO JUNO
kthxbyee!

but seriously - im glad shes doing well, and that for the most part the bubbies are fed and content. yikes.

and i was wrapping my head around 12..... and we have up to 5 more days to go? ..... please..... someone save us.....

or provide a good example - if you guys can do it....we can do it! ... i hope....

So miss Camilla decided she wanted to come out for a few min to have some her time. This gave me a chance to take pictures of the babies and sex them

She is feeding them in TWO GROUPS. I think we have 9 boys and 7 girls.

Group 1 girls
group1girls.jpg

Group 1 boys
group1boys.jpg

Group two
group2.jpg

Group 2 boys
group2boys.jpg

Group two girls
group2girls.jpg

A non preggo Camilla
DSCF0009.jpg

Awww look at her, she is doing so well.

It is great that she has made 2 groups, means less competition for the smaller ones. Hopefully Camilla doesn't feel too overwhelmed with such a large group.

If i lived anywhere close i would be more than willing to give you a hand.

:thud: Love that girlie! She is doing a fabulous job with such a huge family. I have to REALLY get a grip on myself ... those babies bring out the dreaded GGMR.

Hey, Dahlas, there are seven boys! :lol: Someone on FB said you wanted all the boys?????? :giggle:

Wonderful that she is caring for them as two different groups :thumbup:
... and I wasn't interested in fighting either.

Edit: In NB deciding to allow pets under ones care to starve to death by refusing to provide them with adequate food is considered animal abuse and is against the law.

Camilla is very lucky that Ang and Lindsay took her in. It is to bad that we couldn't have gotten her for an e-spay. It is going to be VERY difficult to find homes for all these dear little babies.

All of us in rescue love and care for these little souls. Like Ashana said we all do what we feel is best for the little lives in our care. What one person feels is a humane solution to a situation might not be what someone else thinks.

The only right answer is to try our best not to allow animals to reproduce in the first place.

I would like to note that as a mod., Dahlas was able to go back and edit her post. Big change.
Now her post sounds wise, kind, reasonable etc.
I also noticed that the post on "natural selection", etc has disappeared.

lindsayfawn said:
eagle said:
I was only kidding when I predicted 16 on FB. :shock:

Way to go Tanis lol she didn't think you were kidding so decided to have 16 thanks :p lol

I am rarely right I wish this was one time I was way off. :nod: But yes I will bite my tongue next time.

ashana said:
I do not encourage breeding either, i run a rescue and have taken in so many needing homes it is hard to understand why anyone would breed. I understand that in some cases nature needs to take it's course however i am also a strong believer that once the babies arrive, if in my care, then it is my job to give them the best chance at survival.

The lil bubbers look so good, what a good mommy :)

Back