Cambridge rats - FINALLY - one litter born

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday, March 31st
Amy - 300g (-10)
Serena - 330g (0)
Raye - 250g (+10)

Friday, April 1st
Amy - 310g (+10)
Serena - 345g (+15)
Raye - 245g (-5)

I already know who's preggo and who's not (Serena and Raye are in separate maternity cages, while Amy looks at me from her half-CN wondering why she has no more friends) but it's fun to keep weighing. Especially when Serena gains 15 grams in one night, because then I get to imagine the high number of babies she's going to have. SUPER fun.

A bottle of tequila would be great right now.

Oh look! There's one in the cupboard!

In all honesty though, if anyone sees this, and wants to help out, we're in DIRE need of hammocks. I haven't posted yet about it on the shack, but I'm going away for two months and I leave in 4-6 weeks. I have... *counts*... 9 large hammock orders to do before then, and a couple smaller ones, as well as get everything else in my life ready, including preparing Graham for taking care of the pets without me. We're seriously low on personal hammocks, it's really bad. And I'm not going to have time to make ANY for myself, but Graham's going to need them. ESPECIALLY with two litters here. So if anyone can sew some flats/whatever, I'd be eternally in your debt. Heck, I'd even take half-chewed, pre-loved hammocks. Heh.

Finally, Raye gave birth. :joy:

It was the WEIRDEST birth ever - she went from moving around, wanting to play, being out on the couch, not even building a nest, to frantically nest building then having her babies within about an hour and a half. And it was so quiet, we had no clue until we saw the babies. They're all nice and warm and seem healthy - no clear runt, and they're all a little chunky.

It was almost like she didn't even realize she was pregnant until RIGHT before she started giving birth, then she panicked and realized she needed a nest before the babies came. Haha.

She stresses when she doesn't have them, though, so we only took them out for one quick picture, then we let her nurse:
DSC_4189.jpg

Seven lovely eepers. :)

So glad she had a small litter! Sweet babies :heart: It's nice to see them looking so healthy.

Now Grandma/Auntie Chelle can put down that bottle of tequila at last :giggle: and relax, at least until Serena has her babes.

They look awesome, that's great. YAY for a smallish litter of big babies, and not the other way around.

that is great! A small litter to tend to and chelle can almost sit down lol....one more littler to go

Back